9

*2 Days Later*

"Welcome back. Congratulations. Being safe and sound is better than anything else. You must first pay the cost of the uniform. Then you must get your body measured and your rank engraved. There are ten ranks in total. You are now at the lowest 10th level. Also, from now on, Kasugaigarasu will be following you two. Kasugaigarasu is a crow mainly used for communication. Please go over there and choose the alloy that will be used to create your blade. The alloy for the blades that will be used for you to protect yourselves and to slay demons shall be chosen personally by each of you."

When they got to the part about paying for the uniform, Inoka and Inosuke sweatdropped.

"U-um excuse me, what is 'paying the cost'? With what?" Inoka asked, obviously confused.

The siblings were silent. Nobody had ever asked that question.

"You should have know about the cost of the uniform from your mentors."

"What do you mean mentors? We are our own mentors!" Inosuke exclaimed.

The siblings were not prepared for these two wild children, who didn't know about money and were self taught.

They then noticed their blades.

"Are those nichirin blades you are holding?" The white-haired sibling asked.

"What's a nichirin blade?" Inoka questioned the question.

"Where did you get it from?" The black-haired sibling asked.

"We took it from some demon slayers that crossed our mountains. They told us if we wanted our own, we gotta kill demons and pass this examination." Inosuke said.

If the siblings could allow themselves to show their expressions on their face, it would be a mixture of a deadpan and just plain shock.

"Well, since you can't pay for the uniforms, we can not pass you-"

"Who said they can't pass? They got back before anybody else after the 7 days." A man with straight black hair butted in from nowhere.

His face was very scarred.

"Father. These two can not pay for the uniforms and do not know about currency. Should they pass?" The siblings asked.

"Pass them. They completed this examination with flying marks, even killing a mutated demon. Their cooperation is outstanding. I will pay for the uniform myself. I have high hopes for you two." The man said.

"We don't need your help-" "Ino shut up. Thank you for your generosity. Let's go take the rocks now." Inoka interrupted him and dragged him away, Inosuke's fist still shaking.

'Those two are very interesting. Not receiving any formal training, yet creating their own breaths. That girl looks very similar to the description I got of a girl from Sanemi quite a while ago.'

Inoka tapped on all of the ores. However, one was distinctly different; it had a pure, but wild and unruly feel to it, with jagged points. It reminded her of Inosuke.

Inosuke just randomly took one and said "Can we get our swords now?"

The twins simply said "10-15 days."

Inosuke was impatient, and thought they could just magically turn the ores into swords with hilts, but he was wrong.

"What?! I have to wait an entire 10 days to get a stupid sword? Give me one now- aowrh elshhe illl faight uuu eediotsshh!" He was shut up by Inoka sticking her hand under his mask and squishing his cheeks together.

"We can stay in the village. Is there somewhere we can stay for free, since we don't have money?" Inoka asked.

"Yes, you can stay at an inn in the village at the foot of this mountain. We will send your items to you soon."

"What is an 'inn'?" Inoka asked.

"It's a place for people that don't live in the village to stay. You have to pay a cost though. Here is the amount needed to stay for 10 nights, enough time for you to receive your swords. It is complimentary." The white-haired girl said.

"Okay, thanks. We'll go now."

Inoka was a bit surprised Inosuke didn't interrupt them while they answered her questions. Normally he wouldn't listen to anyone, except, on rare occasions, her. He always assumed he knew absolutely what to do.

Then, 2 crows came and landed on the snouts on their mask.

"Wait, why is mine so small?" Inoka asked, confused.

She had gotten a baby crow, that seemed like it was just able to fly a few minutes ago.

"It's a baby! Why did Ino get a bigger one?" Inoka whined.

"Haha, mine's better than yours-" Inosuke chanted until the baby crow flew off Inoka's snout and stabbed it's beak into his forehead.

"Ouch! What the hell, you little-"

Inoka shut him up again as they trudged down the mountain, bickering with each other about all the little things in life.

The scarred man proudly looked down and said "Shall we receive the 5 other people now?" and disappeared back to his villa.

(Sorry about all the random updates, this is my first story so I'm revising everything here and there; there will very rarely be final edits. The content might also slightly or majorly change. If you're reading this after the book is past 15 chapters, then don't worry about it.)

(If there are any mistakes or you have any suggestions for the plot, please message me or comment :) also, please vote~ it means the world to me, and it also lets me see if you guys are enjoying the story or not~ thank you 🐗)