55. Not a chance! - Sierra

📱 BI miss you like nuts

📱 B
I miss you like nuts. I'm super excited to celebrate you!

📱 SIERRA
Miss you too! 😩 Can I have some birthday hugs?

B
Hell yeah, girl, save me a seat!

************************

A knock sounds on the door as I gently toss makeup into my duffle to head to Nick's family's house for the weekend. "Who's there?" I call, pulling the zipper closed.

"Housekeeping!"

I snort at Nick's joke and pop the door open. "Hey, good-lookin'. You know you don't have to knock, honey."

Cutting me off, he rushes in with a fervent, back-bending kiss, and I squeeze the crooks of my elbows around his neck. "Hi, baby."

I shiver, having missed his touch for the past five days, and cradle his face while telling him so. "Not as much as I missed you." 

Natalia walks through the room, exaggeratedly gagging.

"Bye Nat, love you." I say.

She cackles, walking over for a hug goodbye for both of us. "Love you, too. Text me pictures."

He thumps his chest once while coughing. "Pictures of what?"

"Oh, you know, your bougie birthday dinner!"

"Bougie, huh?" He lets out a short laugh, something like relief flickering in his eyes.

I lightly shove Nat's shoulder with two fingers while razzing her. "Only one of us in this room owns a horse."

***

"I love being outside this time of year," Nick says as we stroll through the parking lot.

An intoxicating mild breeze rushes past, and I lean my head on Nick's shoulder for a minute. "You say that every season!"

He snickers, tugging the bag out of my hands as we approach his Range Rover. "And every season, it's true!"

He tosses our belongings into the back while I climb into the front passenger seat. When Nick springs something on me, the dimple in his left cheek deepens. He throws me an amused smile while the dimple pops. "Are you excited?"

"To see your family? Absolutely."

"First stop: Luke's baseball game."

I pump my fist twice. "Ooh, you didn't tell me that."

Nick holds my hand as I blab away about my week, only coming up for air when we're nearly there. "You're hyper," Nick notes. He brings my hand to his lips for a quick kiss. "And my guess is hungry, too?"