57. Nick, I've already seen it! - Nick

While we wait for the traffic light to change, I drum my fingertips on the steering wheel and let out a long breath, praying the music masks it

While we wait for the traffic light to change, I drum my fingertips on the steering wheel and let out a long breath, praying the music masks it. I throw SiSi a side glance,  snaking my hand over to capture hers. "I have to make a quick stop. Any problem with that, love?" Shaking her head, her bright smile stretches. She squeezes my hand and watches the city zip past. I wet my lips and ask, "Everything okay?"

She giggles, cutting her hand through the air. "Yes; that wine chilled me out."

Good; there was no way I'd take her inside if everything wasn't perfect. I slide my Range Rover to a full stop in front of the towering brick building. The slit on her dress rides up as she crosses her legs, shifting in her seat. "Would you like me to wait here?"

The seat belt zips backward after I unbuckle, leaning over while biting my lip, wriggling my hand under the dress to rub her leg. "Nope, c'mon, darlin'. I want to show you the view."

Her shoes click out a rhythm against the sidewalk as we stride to the long glass door with gold trim. A friendly doorman with salt and pepper hair steps out. "Good evening."

I glance at Sierra with a quick smile, then back to him. "Hi, John."

Sierra slips her hand in mine, and I immediately move it close to my body before guiding her in front of me. She greets him hello in her familiar dulcet tone, and I trail my gaze down her, reminded of the qualities I admired from the start: her gracious, beautiful heart and the reality that she's a flipping smoke show.

The elevator swallows us up, and I lean against the back wall while she punches in number five at my request. I tilt my chin up. "I love you."

Closing the gap, she simpers and rests her head on my chest, then murmurs out that she loves me, too. I suck in a breath as the doors roll open with a dinging signal. "Number 504, baby."

"Does a client live here?" She chuckles. "Are you watering their plants?"

I evade the question, guiding her the last few steps. "You trust me, right?"

"Of course, but if this is a surprise party, I'm gone."

Her hair rustles between my fingers as I sweep some back, then kiss the corner of her mouth. "Promise it's not. Close your eyes?"

Keys jangle while I slide them in, and the lock turns with a loud click. I glance back, checking for her hand over her eyes before throwing it open. "Don't peek!"

Her tinkling laugh sails through the condominium. "Nicholas, okay!"

Nothing looks out of place except for my cousin Drew's girlfriend's head cautiously peeking around the corner. Rose was hired to photograph this occasion, and she flashes a smile before disappearing.

Roughly half of my day was spent perfecting details. Anticipation rushes through me now that it's finally time.

I drag in a long breath, steeling my nerves before molding my fingers along the curve of her shoulders. "Don't be surprised when all the lights are off. Open."