37-Beauty and the Beast

Her name was like a curse to her since the day she was born.

She liked to fantasize how she used to have a normal, princely name that lived in a huge castle with other children's names.

Then, one day, an old hag placed a powerful spell on it and transformed it into a beastly incomprehensible form of entangled vowels and consonants, cursing it to roam the world alone forever.

Aye, 'twas a strange name, occasionally even beautiful in its grotesque deformity.

But it was mostly monstrous, resonant, heavy, and almost unbearable.

When introduced to others as a child, she would normally look at the floor and mutter the syllables one after another unwillingly, forcedly, almost ashamed of its complexity.

The girl felt crushed beneath its weight.

A heavy carriage of an uncommon, peculiar name, paired up with two huge surnames who pulled it forward as two black, hellish horses, was egging her on daily to be an extraordinary, unusual life passenger.

The girl who must always stand out in the crowd.

And she continuously heeded its call, fulfilled that task, often too zealously.

Talkatively waiting.

Hoping that one day the old witch would return.

Return and remove the fearful malediction of the anomalous name, making her just as normal as other children.

Before the rose petals turned into ash beneath her lonely feet.

***
A/N: Theme song: "RHCP: Parallel Universe."