CHAPTER 11 - KLAUS

"Okay, pop quiz."

Those were the words that Klaus Mikaelson said to Katherine, as he sauntered through Alaric's apartment. He had taken over his body, and was trying to get as much information as he could.

"The dagger and white ash are in the Salvatores' possession, correct?"

Katherine Pierce glared at him, icily, before reluctantly speaking. Without vervain in her system, she was easily compelled to tell the original vampire everything she knew.

"The dagger was used to kill Elijah. You'll find him in the basement of the Salvatore house."

"Okay." Klaus nodded. "that dagger needs to stay exactly where it is. The last thing I need to do is resurrect Elijah." He paused then, scoffing slightly. "That guy is a buzzkill."

"Don't forget you're on the outs with your girlfriend Jenna."

"Right. Elena's aunt, for all the lies about Isobel."

Klaus stopped in his tracks, pausing to take in the information. Before thoughtfully turning back to the doppelgänger. "What else?"
Katherine sighed, before answering again. "Tyler Lockwood ran away from home, so you'll need another werewolf."
"He had a twin, didn't he?" Klaus asked. "What about her?"
"Sophia Lockwood." Katherine nodded. "She's chummy with the Salvatore boys but she hasn't triggered the curse. She's not a werewolf."
"Yet." He smiled in return at that, a sadistic grin that she had not missed in the slightest.

"I'm sure that's something we can amend, am I right, Katerina?"

__________

Sophia Lockwood had been keeping herself busy for nearly a month. She had to, now that her brother was gone. Matt in particular, was one of the few people she had spoken to. And he was someone that she had grown closer to, over the past few weeks.

Each of them reminded the other of Tyler, and it helped them to heal.

After a week or two, Matt helped her get a job at The Grill behind the bar, which served as a healthy and entirely human distraction, Sophia had to admit.

When she wasn't working, Sophia threw herself into planning the upcoming decade dance and researching the supernatural, and curses in particular. There was always a loophole. That much was certain from her reading, which meant that despite Damon's pessimism, there had to be a way around it.

So much had happened, and it felt as though a moments respite was an impossible dream. First there was the fire at The Grill, and Katherine re-appearing. And then, all the drama with Matt and Caroline.

It wasn't something she was good at keeping up with, she had to admit.

But atleast they seemed happy again.

School was even beginning to feel normal once more, despite the absence of her brother.

It was on one morning, that the History classroom was buzzing with chatter about the decade dance that very evening.

Elena and Bonnie were giggling and deciding what to wear. Much like Caroline, who was excitedly elaborating on her JFK idea she had planned for herself and Matt.
"I'm not sure if I'm gonna go." Sophia said eventually.
"What?!" Caroline practically exclaimed. "You have to go, Soph!"
She shrugged. "It'll be too weird knowing Tyler's not there. Besides, you don't want me third wheeling you and Matt the whole night."
Caroline huffed at that. "But... we've gone to every dance together since we were, like... I don't know, twelve. And I mean, you're on the dance committee so you can't not be there."