Reunion (KouHina)

~This is a college au for KouHina. In this one shot, Kouji and Hinata are reunited in college and Kouji finally remembers how he used to feel about Hinata. Enjoy~

The door clicked open and Kouji walked into the classroom. 'College is the greatest time of your life' they said. So far, it just seems like a less fancy boarding school without the uniform. Mind you, there's no bullshit subjects that he can't stand anymore. He's doing three a levels: chemistry, sport science and mathematics. Well, just now is my first sport science lesson. It looks like a pretty normal looking class if you ask me. There aren't that many seats left, only two actually. One of them, further towards the back of the class, is next to a mean looking girl with blonde hair, the colour that only comes from the bottle. No thanks. The other one is next to a ginger boy who appeared to be on the shorter side. He seemed to be the better option out of the two. He sighed and slid into the seat, two rows back from the front of the class.

The ginger boy looked over at him and smiled happily. "Hi!" Damn, he was loud. Kouji didn't respond with words, only with a simple raise of his hand in the boy's direction. He couldn't help but feel like he recognised this boy from somewhere. Everything from his hair to his hyperactive tone of voice gave him serious deja vu. The boy mimicked his hand raise. "I'm Shōyō Hinata! Nice to meet you!"

"Shōyō.." Kouji muttered the name to himself, trying to link his train of thought together and remember where he'd heard that name before. He snapped out of his trance temporarily and returned the gesture. "I'm Kouji. Kouji Sekimukai."

He grabbed his hand and shook it violently. "Nice to meet you Kouji! Man I'm sure I've heard of you before!"

Kouji pulled his hand away, quickly. Shōyō's hands were sweaty and he really didn't like it. "Yeah.. maybe.." This kid really did remind him of someone. He just couldn't put his finger on who.

Shōyō clicked his pen repeatedly, deep in thought. The pen clicking was annoying but, in Kouji's head, it wasn't as annoying as his voice. After a few minutes, the pen clicking stopped. "I know where I've met you before!" Shōyō piped up again. "We were best friends in junior high!"

Kouji thought for a second before the realisation hit him. "Shō Kun?" His eyes widened and a light pink blush dusted his cheeks. He couldn't believe he didn't recognise him, his first true love.

Shōyō laughed a little. "That's me alright! Nice to see you again Kou Chan!"

Damn it, his face was lit up just like it was during junior high. The sparkle in his eyes... well it did things to Kouji's mind! He forced a smile, making sure it at least looked genuine. A real smile was too much to pull off right now; he was feeling a lot of emotions right now and, surprisingly, happiness wasn't one of them. There was anger, mostly at himself for forgetting about Shōyō so easily, and there was fear, fear of falling in love with him again. You know what made him the most scared though? The idea of, if he did fall in love again, being rejected. "Yeah.. you two Shō Kun.." He said, nonchalantly, afraid of showing any emotion in case he broke down in tears. He was right.

He'd fallen in love again, and boy was he terrified...