Confess (TsukkiYama)

~This is a TsukkiYama oneshot. It is set in their final year of highschool, on the last day. Yamaguchi is planning to confess to Tsukki with a letter he wrote. I hope you like it.~

"School roof. Meet me there after class."

His words played over and over again in his head, a hundred worried and regrets flooding his senses, digging a literal pit in his stomach. A confession, a simple way to destroy a friendship. Tsukki was someone that he definitely didn't want to loose, not ever, but he couldn't keep it in any longer. This time tomorrow, their time at Karasuno would be over, off to uni for four years. Tsukki had kept where he was going a secret so he had to tell him now, before they went to different universities and never saw each other again.

He fiddled with the letter, clutching it tight behind his back. He'd written the letter because he knows himself. It's take him an hour to even begin explaining how he felt without writing it down first so why not just hand over the written copy? Box it up in a cute little envelope and hand it over. What could go wrong? Answer - a lot.

What if he didn't return Yamaguchi's feelings? What if he hated him for it? His worried were interrupted by a familiar voice. "So, why did you want to meet me here?"

Yamaguchi nearly jumped out of his skin. "Tsukki! Hey!" He blurted out, already flustered beyond belief. Boy was the letter a good idea.

Tsukki looked at him with raised eyebrows and folded arms, an all around disapproving look. "Can you just get on with it? I have places to be, Tadashi." He didn't have places to be, nowhere important anyway. Besides, even if he did have places to be, he'd rather be here with Yamaguchi.

"Alright alright, I'm working on it!" By working on it, he really meant mentally preparing himself for rejection because, let's be honest, Tsukishima was very straight and, even if he was into dudes, he definitely didn't think of Yamaguchi that way. He eventually got his emotions in check and held the letter out to him, looking away to hide the growing blush. "Here."

Tsukki raised his eyebrows, a pink glow dusting his cheeks. He hadn't even opened the note yet but he already had a pretty good idea as to what it was. "Thanks?" He opened the note, confirming his suspicions. This was a confession note. A small smirk crept across his face as he crumpled the note, shoving it deep into his pocket. "So you couldn't even say it with words? You had to write it down?" He growled. "How pathetic." He didn't really mean what he was saying; he was only trying to get a reaction, one last tug on Yamaguchi's heart strings.

Yamaguchi bowed his head, ashamed. "You're right..." Even the way he spoke was weak and small.

Tsukki suddenly moved forward, grabbing Yamaguchi's wrists and pinning him against the wall. "And that patheticness," he purred "is why I love you."