Don't fail (AsaNoya)

~I hate the name I gave this oneshot but I genuinely couldn't think of anything good to call it. Anyway, Noya's failing his classes and Asahi has been told to tutor him to help him pass but also to help with his anxiety. I hope you like it.~

This wasn't a good day for Asahi. One of the subs had butchered his name in the register which caused the rest of the class to laugh. He'd overheard some girls gossiping about him at lunch, calling him a monster and some other things that he didn't stick around to hear. If it was anyone else, they would've confronted the girls but confrontation isn't something Asahi does; he's no good at it. Anyway, the point is that his anxiety has been through the roof all day and now, to top it all off, he has to tutor one of the younger years. Honestly, he'd rather crawl into a hole and die than socialise with any of the younger years, or just anyone in general, he doesn't discriminate.

Maybe this Noya kid is different. Maybe he's nicer than most people. He shouldn't judge him before he's even met him, it's unfair to do that. Just because he's failing most of his subjects doesn't mean he's some kind of delinquent, maybe he just doesn't understand the work or the teacher's methods of teaching. That's probably why they're asking Asahi to help him rather than the teacher, other than to help him get over his crippling anxiety.

The door flew open, revealing a short boy with bleached hair and a big smile. "Yo!" His voice is loud, it echoes off the walls and leaves Asahi feeling trapped in the noise. "Are you that Asahi guy?" The taller male nods, signifying that he is the person that the short boy is looking for. "Aight sound." He slipped into a seat across the table from Asahi. He holds out his hand. "Nishinoya Yu, class 2 - 1. Pleased to meet you Asahi."

He gingerly shook his hand before jamming his hands back into his pockets. "Pleasure's all mine..." His voice was hushed, almost silent, a complete opposite to Noya's voice which, quite literally, made the walls shake. "So, what do you n-need help with?" He stammered, immediately cringing inside afterwards.

Noya snorted, slamming a hand over his mouth. "Man, I didn't think someone like you would have a stutter!" he teased him, not meaning to be malicious but it still stung Asahi deep down. "Anyway, how good are you at biology?"

He sighed. "I guess I'm ok at it..." He was more than ok at biology, consistently getting the top grades, but he hated complimenting himself like that. "A-any particular part you need help with?"

Noya shrugged. "Not really, no. I don't understand any of it." He opened his bag and whipped out a biology textbook. He slammed it down on the table, the sound echoing around the room. "So I say we just start from the beginning and go from there!"

Asahi winced at the noise of the book being slammed on the table. He didn't like how loud Noya was at all, it was seriously triggering his fight or flight instincts, but he'd have to get used to it if he was going to tutor him. "Ok..." He picked up the textbook and flicked to the first page. "We'll start with something... a little bit basic. How are you with cell biology?"

He scoffs. "Pfft, easy!" He leans back in his seat and folds his arms, a semi smug look on his face. "Animal cells are furry, helps them... get traction or whatever! Oh, and sometimes they have tails. You know, because they're animals!"

Asahi's eyebrows raise slightly. He shakes his head. "Not even close... looks like you need more help than I anticipated." He forces a smile which causes Noya to laugh. Good, he was worried that he'd offended the smaller boy. "I guess we should start by clearing up your misconceptions." His smile changes, now small and genuine. "Animal cells are probably the easiest type of cell to understand. They're like plant cells but with less components."

Noya nods like he understands. "So they don't have leaves. Got it!" There's a big smile on his face, he looks so proud of himself. Asahi smiles and shakes his head, laughing a little. "Oh?" He cocks his head. "So they do have leaves?"

"No, that's not what I meant." He stifles another laugh. "None of the cells have leaves. Or fur. Or tails." He slides the book closer to Noya. "Here, let me explain it to you..."