Drown (YamaYachi)

~This one shot is based off of the song Drown by Boy in space.~

Hold my breathe and count to ten...

"What's up? You sounded pretty urgent on the voice mail you sent me." I look down at my small girlfriend, panicking slightly. I missed a call from her about an hour ago, she left me a voice mail. It said that she needed to talk to me as soon as possible and she'd be waiting at the park. It must be serious, she only ever texts me usually.

...While she rips out my heart, I see a thousand stars...

I watch as she rests a hand on her forearm, nervous about what she has to say. "Tadashi I... I don't know how to say this..." She doesn't meet my eyes. "But I can't do this anymore..."

...Hold it in...

I blink back the tears. "What do you mean?" I know exactly what she means; she's done with me. All of this, it's over.

...No I'll never love again...

"You know what I mean." Her eyes stay glued to the floor. What did I do wrong? What could I have done that's so bad that my own girlfriend... ex girlfriend... can't even look at me? "I'm through with this, ok?"

...Cos you made me a fool...

It's not ok. It's really not. But there's nothing I can do, there's no point in begging her to stay. "I understand... but why?..."

...Now tell me, who's loving you?...

I watch as she messes with her hands, wrapping one finger around the other over and over again. "Because I don't want to hurt you, to lie to you, anymore." She takes a deep breath. "I'm a lesbian. And I'm sorry that I didn't tell you the minute I figured it out." I can hear the sadness in her voice, it breaks my heart. "I'm so sorry for dragging you along even though I feel nothing toward you anymore." She finally lifts her head up to meet my eyes. "To be honest with you, Tadashi, I don't think I ever did."

...Watch me as my world burns down...

I want to reach out for her as she walks away. I want to reach out so badly but I can't, not if she doesn't love me anymore. There's no point. Besides, she deserves somebody she can love, unlike me.

...You kicked me down and stole my crown...

 It's now 10pm. Currently, I'm lying on my bed, wrapped up like a burrito in my blanket with a half eaten tub of ice cream on my lap and Netflix open on my laptop. I've been here basically since I got home; it's the only thing I could think of that'd cheer me up right now. I know that it's the cliche way to deal with a break up but, damn, it works.

...Though my heart is telling me to go...

My phone buzzes by my feet. It's a notification from Instagram. 'Yachi2471 has posted for the first time in a while! Be the first person to comment!' Um, no thanks. Like really phone? You're seriously going to send me notifications about my ex girlfriend posting on her Instagram the day we broke up? Honestly...

...I just gotta let you know...

I may as well take a look. I do still want to stay friends with Yachi and liking her Instagram post is a good way to show that I'm not mad at her for this absolute mess. But what if it just makes it seem like I'm not over her? I mean, I'm not over her in the slightest but I don't want her to know that! Ugh this is so difficult! Screw it, I'll just give it a look.

...That you sunk my ship...

And then you let me drown

...And then you let me drown...