When we're older you'll be my bride (TsukiHina)

~I'm now posting my TsukiHina week oneshots on here. Yes, I still need to finish posting the KageHina week ones. I promise I will! Anyway, the prompt for this day was Childhood Friends AU. I'm going to have to put a TW on this one for referenced child abuse. Anyway, enjoy!~

Hinata Shoyo was six years old when he started at Sakunomi elementary school, same as every other kid in his grade. He was nervous. He was small, shrimpy-looking and was one of the quietest kids in his whole neighbourhood, according to his mother who knew about every family in town one way or another. He was described as a shy kid by everyone around him. Even if he had the confidence to talk to people, he didn't have many social skills to speak of. So naturally, when he started elementary school, he didn't have many friends. He was always left out by the other kids, who had already sorted themselves out into cliques and closed off groups that really didn't need another shy quiet kid running around after them like a lost puppy. On the off chance that someone did actually speak to him, it was either for a dare or to make themselves look good to their friends and the teacher. It was such a forced 'look at me I'm including the loner' thing and he hated it but, honestly, he was too scared of social interaction to tell anyone how he really felt.

That's how it stayed for the first year or two of elementary school. However, it all changed once he showed up. Tsukishima Kei, the kid swept Shoyo off his feet, platonically obviously. Elementary school kids don't have feelings for guys usually; it takes a little longer for them to notice it. Anyway, Kei had transferred into Sakunomi about half way through their second year. Seeing as everyone except Shoyo was already in a closed off group of friends, the pair of them hit it off decently well and by that I mean Kei hated the annoying, clingy ginger boy but they didn't have a choice but to stick with each other.

Shoyo would trail around after him like a lost puppy and, as he started to get more comfortable with Kei, his outer walls began to crumble. He started laughing, smiling and even cracking the occasional joke. Sure, it felt weird at first because he'd never acted like this with anyone but, oh my god, it was so worth it! As he got more talkative, Kei slowly got more and more annoyed but he never explicitly told Shoyo this because he didn't want to dampen the mood of his best friend. He was just happy that the boy was finally coming out of his shell. He'd let it slide, just this once.

But 'just this once' soon turned into a barrage of never-ending second chances. He found that he didn't care how much Shoyo rambled on and on about the stupidest little things that he had no interest in, he found that he was happy just hearing his voice. Sooner or later, the pair started spending every hour of every day together that they possibly could. They were absolutely joined at the hip and they were happy that way.

School had just ended at they were up at the local parks. You know, like kids do. "Hey Kei?" Shoyo was lying on his back on one of the platforms at the top of the climbing frame. Kei was currently running up the slide, like the little badass he is, and sliding back down on his stomach. He stopped at the bottom and tilted his head slightly, looking up at his friend. "Have you ever thought about how stupid weddings are?"

The taller boy furrowed his brow, climbing up to where Shoyo was and sitting beside him, leaning against the plastic wall that was supposed to stop the kids from falling. He liked sitting up here with him. It felt like they were in their own little private box where no one could disturb them. "I can't say I have." He shrugged, looking down at the ginger. "Why? Are you planning on marrying someone?" He teased him, a smirk playing on his face.

"Ew, no way!" He faked a gagging motion, sitting up and leaning against one of the other walls. "Why would I want to do that if marriage is stupid? I thought you were the cleverest kid in class." He raised his eyebrows and folded his arms, staring at him. "My mummy's totally obsessed with getting married to her new boyfriend and I think it's stupid! He's not even that nice!"