Chapter 14

Chapter 14

“You are Oi Paríes, the untouchables,” Jasmyn bellowed across the field. “You are an ancient army, created by Hades and Erebus for the overthrowing of the ruler of Olympus. Unfortunately, it seems you were incapacitated before your time.”

The vast multitude stared with expressionless faces. If you could call them faces. Each one of them had a third eye, and dark, twisted, melted-looking skin. Their noses were split down the middle and their antelope-like ears were at the bottom of their cheeks. They also had a set of claws and a spiked tail to go with.

“But no matter,” Jasmyn continued. “Soon, we shall reach the land where they hide. Soon we shall exact our dues, and your purpose shall be served. And now onward, to our victory!”

*

“Come on Heath, it's the fifth time now!”

Heath sighed, and lit his lighter again, grabbing the flame.

Jason nodded, and brought up a wave of water, suspending it in mid-air. He pushed out his hands, and the wave flew in Heath's direction. Heath quickly interlocked his fingers and then pulled his hands far apart. The flame expanded into a large, disc-like shape, blocking the jet of water.

“Finally,” Jason sighed as the water turned into a cloud of steam. “I was actually getting tired of splashing you in the face.”

“Ha-ha,” Heath said sarcastically.

“Alright, you two,” Brett said. “Lexi, Asuka.”

The girls nodded and walked to the center of the clearing. Asuka stuck her fingers into the ground, and a wall of vines sprouted from the ground, shooting out towards Lexi.

Lexi took in a breath and gathered the wind that had picked up around her. She spun around, using the wind to lift herself into the air above the vines. As she came down, she flattened her hands and struck downwards. The wind sliced through the vines quickly, and she landed gently on the ground.

“Nice reach with the vine move, Asuka,” Brett noted. “Lexi, good aerial action to attack motion.”

Lexi smiled triumphantly. “I use the wind to lift myself up, but I'm gonna learn how to keep myself in the air.”

“Good stuff,” he replied with a proud smile. “Jason and Asuka, you two also need to learn to transport yourselves with your elements.”

They both nodded.

“Heath…” he began, but glanced at him with a hesitant grin. “If you're not afraid of getting burned…”

Heath narrowed his eyes. “You seriously have to ask?”