7

==Marinette's POV==

Climbing back down the stairs, a small smile on it, I see Dr. Aaron and dog Baxter. Baxter turns his head to me and suddenly his stubby tail is thumping so hard against the floor that it might put a whole through it. Getting on one knee, I tap the floor and hold my arms out, the large dog bounding over to me and ever so gently laying his head on my shoulder.

"Sabine, Tom, if you two would please exit the room while I perform the tests." Dr. Louis says politely, my parents nodding and telling me they'll be downstairs. "How're you feeling now Marinette?" He asks, opening up his brief case and shuffling around in it for some papers as is it down on one of the dinning room chairs. "Exhausted sir, how are you?" Answering with a yawn, I stare out the window, catching sight of Chat Noir running off, glancing over and waving before leaping off of the building and going out of sight.

"I'm doing alright. I actually had time to stop by the hospital while dropping Aaron off. I was just in time to pick up the results from your blood test comparisons." He says, a sad look in his eye as he turns to face me, holding the papers. "We still don't have a time estimate, but I'd say you're only going to last another year at the most. I'm sorry Marinette. I...I wanted to give you these papers, so that you can read over them and try to make some sense of it all." He says sheepishly.

"It's fine doctor, I'll take any time I can get." I say with a comforting smile as I stand up and take the papers, Baxter suddenly becoming silent. "M-Marinette? What do you- when did, why?" An all too familiar voice suddenly interrupts us as I grip the papers. Chloe stands in between the empty doorframe connecting the kitchen and the living room. "Oh, Marinette, I didn't realize you were expecting friends," Dr. Louis says with a sigh as he looks at Chloe, "I suppose you should come over here and take a seat young lady. I must be heading back to the hospital but Marinette will explain things to you. See you next week Marinette." He says and walks past the stunned girl and back out of the house.

Shit.

A/N: Hey guys, Author Nyan here! I apologize for this being an EXTREMELY short chapter! I've had a lot of writers block with this story and my other MLB story so I'm going to be putting this on a small Hiatus while I write a few new stories so that I can come back with fresh and new content for this one! Have a great day/night!
Buhbye~~