8

Chloe had been planning to visit the baker's daughter for some time but was too scared to confront the girl she had bullied for so long. She didn't speak to Marinette for as long as possible and as little as possible after Marinette had made her announcement, she felt too cowardly to admit she had been in the wrong for so many years. So she decided to go to the girl's house and apologize.

She never expected to hear Marinette's time estimate. Her words, "M-Marinette? What do you- when did, why?", had just rolled out of her mouth, her face petrified in fear and regret and guilt. The doctor excused himself and walked solemnly through the doorway past her with his large dog. Marinette set the papers down and sat down. "Want to come read these with me Chloe?" She says, flipping the staples papers over and scanning everything. "S-sure." She answered and stiffly walked over to the girl, hesitantly sitting in the chair the doctor had sat in.

"Are you okay Chloe? You look as pale as a purified akuma." Marinette asks, turning over to Chloe before standing up and walking over to the kitchen. In just a few short minutes Marinette walks back over holding two mugs of hot chocolate and sits back down. "Want one?" She asks with a smile. Chloe numbly nods and takes a small sip of her warm beverage. Peeking back over to Marinette she sees her drinking her hot chocolate and flipping through the pages, her face revealing her concentration on a certain page.

Setting her cup down and furrowing her eyebrows in confusion she picks up the booklet and turns the page, only for it to be the end of the packet. Sighing she sets it down and quietly  takes a long sip out of her drink, staring out the window and at the robes of houses, as if expecting someone to be sitting there waiting for her. "Um, Marinette? Can I talk to you?" Chloe asks nervously. Marinette, snapping out of her thoughts, turns to face Chloe and smiles kindly with a nod. Her eyes momentarily free of cloud of thoughts crashing and bumping around her skull.

The papers were giving her another headache but Tikki had helped and whispered in her ear to make some hot peppermint chocolate. "I um, well I just wanted to apologize for everything I had done. It wasn't fair of me and I'm sorry about that, I want to try and be...friends? It's fine if you don't want to be though!" Chloe exclaimed, the loudness of her voice causing Marinette to flinch as her headache flared in her skull.

"I'd love to be your friend Chloe. I can't tell you that what you did was okay but I have forgiven you for it all already. I'm sorry but, can I be excused? I need to make a call real quick." She asks and stands up, her chair silently being pushed farther away from its table. Marinette walks into the living room, calling her Kitty silently. Chloe could only sip her drink and stare out of the window as a few of her new friend's phone call silently floated to her ears. Things like "The doctor brought papers," and "Yes you can still come over," we're the only things that had much importance and meaning to her.

Who was visiting Marinette?

A/N: Hey guys it's been awhile (considering other hiatuses not really lol 😂) but I'm backkkkkkkkkkk and bringing more pain upon our little cinnamon buns so let's get to it! Have fun, buhbye~~