5| Car Trouble

"You really hate me, don't you?" Jungkook jogs up to me after classes.

"Do I really need to answer that?" I stare forward and ignore looking at him.

He lets out a breathy laugh and continues to walk beside me in silence. I hear his footsteps beside me; timberlands on the sidewalk taking slightly larger steps than I am. Also the body of his leather jacket rubbing against his sleeves when he puts his hands in his pockets.

I not only know he's there, but I can feel his presence. It's an odd thing to describe, because obviously you know that I know he's right next to me in my peripheral, but something about his aura makes me feel like I'm being squeezed. Not so hard that it's constricting or uncomfortable, but it's definitely there.

We get a few yards away from the girls' dorm's front door and I can't help but stare at the pansies planted just outside the building. They've been my favorite flower ever since I was a little girl. I'm not sure where my favoritism of this particular flower stemmed from, though.

I reach the door and open it, hearing Jungkook follow me in. "Do you plan on actually working this time?" I question him.

"Of course I do, silly." He says playfully. "When have I ever messed around?"

I hold back a smile at his statement and continue heading to my dorm, not really paying attention to much else. I walk for a few more seconds but I don't hear Jungkook next to me anymore.

"Ellie." I hear his voice behind me now and I turn on my heel to greet his eyes. He's leaning against a door and I look at the number on it. 150. I passed my own dorm room.

I face-palm myself and let out a long, slightly annoyed sigh. "Thanks."

I do the walk of shame to my dorm room and pull out the key from my back pocket. "There you go again thanking me." He comments arrogantly when I open the door.

"So you're just going to brush off the weird fact that you remembered my room number?" I lift my brow and set my bag and phone down on the couch.

He laughs, "I just remember a lot. Your dorm room is nothing special." He drops his bag next to mine.

I go across the room and open my mini-fridge, taking a cursory glance at the shelves for some sort of food. I'm starving after today's classes.

"Ellie-"

"Nope." I cut him off. I don't want to talk to him, I'm already annoyed about earlier today and then the parasite decided to follow me into the dorm after I missed my own door.

"Okay," He says and pauses, "Hello?"

My head pops up over the fridge door and I see that he's on the phone. My phone that was previously on silent.

"Jeon Jungkook!" I yell and rush towards him but he swats my hands away, shushing me dramatically.

"Would you hush, I'm on the phone!" He whispers aggressively and widens his eyes at me, covering the microphone with his hand slightly.

"Jungkook, let me have my phone." I whine and reach for it but he spins away.

"Uh huh," he pauses. "Yeah, she's a little obnoxious today."

"Me? Obnoxious?" I take full offense, "You're the one who thought it would be okay to answer my phone!"

"Shhh!" He spins away again. "Yes, I'm terribly sorry. Please continue."

"Jungkook I swear on my life if you don't give me that phone right now-"

"Yeah." ... "Oh, I definitely understand." ... "Okay, yeah." ....... "Alright, it was nice talking to you. Bye." He says with a grin and hangs up.