25| Hot & Cold

Wow, these last few chapter names are a real doozy huh? :))

Jungkook and I head inside the building and a woman greets us unenthusiastically behind a desk, "Welcome."

"Hi," I greet, "Can we still get up to the top or is it too late?"

"I'm just about to go on break but I'll let you two up. There's no one else up there so if something happens, there's an emergency phone next to the elevator." She says in a monotoned voice and chews her gum, "The elevator is right there, just head to the top and you'll be good to go."

"Alright, thank you."

"Mhm." She parts ways with us and leaves as we go into the elevator.

"Did you ever hear about that lady who was cut in half by an elevator?"

"Don't tell me that just as I get into an elevator!" I scold and he only laughs mischievously as the doors close.

"It's not funny." I pout jokingly, "I'm not afraid of pushing you off the building."

"At least I'll go out with a nice adrenaline rush."

I roll my eyes with a smile and the elevator stops, opening its doors before we walk out.

"Wow, look at this!" I gasp at the beauty already, not even seeing the entire view from where we are.

I go right up to the edge of the building, holding the cold railing and looking out at the scene.

But before I can truly enjoy it, I feel snow hit the back of my head and some of it falls down my jacket to my back.

"Ahhh!" I scream and desperately shake the snow off as I hear Jungkook laughing hysterically in the background.

"Jungkook!" I whine and pick up some snow off the cement ground. I throw it at him right in the face and he spits it out of his mouth before getting another handful.

The small snowball is thrown and I dodge it like a badass while simultaneously throwing another one back at him.

We giggle like seven-year-olds and chuck them back and forth until we come to a mutual agreement to stop and actually enjoy the view.

It's magnificent with luminous stars glittering against the sea of black. No clouds are in sight and the moon shines brightly, dimly lighting up the rooftop we're on with the added help of the lights below us illuminating the streets, and when the cars drive by, my eyes follow them curiously while they leave tire tracks in the snow.

It really is beautiful, and it gives me Christmas vibes despite it only being November 30th. There are some Christmas lights strung around but not enough to be too Christmasy yet.

A strong gust of wind blows and I shiver from the cold, "The view is nice but do you want to maybe go back down now? We can always walk around one of the parks."

"Yeah, sure." He agrees and shivers as well until the wind slows down. We go to the elevator and press the button, waiting for the doors to open.

And we wait.

And wait.

Press the button again and wait some more.