37| Almost there

Before taking the phone to Taehyung, Jungkook takes me to his dorm and I sober up. I practically chug coffee and water, eat a whole loaf of bread, brush my teeth a hundred times, and soothe my headache by taking short naps until early morning.

However, I successfully left Calvin's apartment with the phone and that in itself causes a giant breath of relief to wash over me in spite of my

I feel his phone in my pocket and take it out, turning it on and seeing that it's passcode protected.

Hopefully Tae can break through. I put the phone back into my jacket pocket.

"Do you think you're sober now?" Kookie asks me as he sips coffee while leaning against his kitchenette counter.

"Yeah, I think so," I laugh and shake my head, "sorry for all that... chaos."

"Drunk Ellie isn't too bad," he smiles, setting the ceramic cup down, "sober Ellie on the other hand..."

I playfully push him and get my shoes on at the door, "let's finish this whole mess."

He nods and minutes later, we're walking into Taehyung's dorm. He looks up from his laptop and a grin pulls at his lips when he sees us.

"Here," I hand the phone to him. "It has a password, I don't know how quickly you'll be able to–"

"It's unlocked." Tae announces and stares at his computer screen, "Now all I need to do is hack into his cloud and delete it, and then figure out everyone he sent the video to and delete it from theirs, too."

As the minutes pass on with Taehyung hacking further into Calvin's phone, the more it feels like a weight is being lifted off my chest. I'm more relieved with each second that passes without Calvin in it.

"Alright," he starts and hands the phone to me, "It's hooked to my server now, so I can hack into it remotely."

"Really? That fast?" I ask, impressed as I take the phone from his hands.

He cracks his knuckles with a smirk, "I'm just that good."

Thanks goodness. I just want this whole situation to be in the past.

»»»

Class the next day is a little brighter now that Calvin can't blackmail me anymore. Even as our group presents our slideshow on Apollo, I feel much happier.

While we're presenting, my voice shakes a little bit but I get through it nonetheless. Last night I went through every slide and tried to remember the words on each one so I wouldn't have my eyes glued to the board the whole time.

Jess speaks after me and admittedly doesn't do too well. It's like she hasn't even looked over the slide beforehand at all and I worry that our grade will get decreased.

And then it's Jungkook's turn to talk and this is when I actually start getting impressed at his public speaking skills. He doesn't stutter or say "um" before everything, and he hits every point on the slides.

I really can't stop looking at him while he's speaking so charismatically, giving character to each slide. What he's actually saying gets pushed to the back of my mind and the way his lips form certain words catches my attention instead.

The way his jaw moves and his adams apple bobs as he talks more until we're on the very last slide interests me far more than Apollo.

And it's over before we know it. The class claps and then moves on to the next group. When we get back to our seats, I sigh and Jess asks me what's wrong.