47| Games

"I'm so glad you're here!" My mom walks right past me and hugs Jungkook tightly when she sees us.

I glare at her jokingly and my Aunt Jenna hugs me instead, "We all love Jungkook, honey, but I still love you more."

"Thanks," I chuckle.

My dad hugs me next and the rest of my family goes to Jungkook, "You brought him along again?" My father asks me but keeps his eyes on the man behind me a few feet.

"Yeah, is that not okay?" I question, "Everyone likes him."

"I guess I'm just cautious of him," he stares at him with his overprotective glare I've seen so many times.

"Don't worry about him, dad, there's nothing going on between us." I assure.

"Alright." He concludes, "Are we joining rooms with you?"

My stomach drops at the thought of my parents seeing Jungkook and I getting comfy with each other, so I answer with a simple, "No."

"Why not? If I have nothing to worry about, our whole family should join rooms together."

"Dad-"

"Stop pestering your daughter, get over here!" My mom drags him away from me to go meet Jungkook.

He shakes Jungkook's hand firmly, "Nice to see you again."

"You as well, Mr. Rostell." Jungkook sends a charming smile and releases the handshake.

I swoop in and pull on Kook's arm, "Let's go see the activities we can do."

He looks back into my father's judgmental eyes before coming with me and leaving my family to talk with each other.

We go up to the lobby and see a map of the whole place, "They have ice skating here, you want to try that out?" He suggests.

"Ice skating? Are you crazy? I can barely walk in a straight line, nevermind skate on ice."

"That's only when you're drunk," he remarks.

"Fine, but even when I'm sober, I'll be falling down more than skating if we're doing this."

"That's the fun of it," he nudges me, "You think I can ice skate?"

"Whatcha lookin' at, kids?" Josh walks up to us.

"Ice skating," I start, "It's over at the pond."

"Let's all go. We can bring the kids and everything."

"Yeah," I smile, "Come to think of it, the kids haven't even seen Jungkook yet."

»»»

"JUNGKOO!" Paige shrieks and the other four children sprint to Kook, jumping on him.

He laughs and crouches down to hug them all. It never fails to warm my heart every time I see their interactions with each other.

We all get our skates on and embark on our journey to the frozen pond. When I say pond, I don't mean something small, this is a pretty big thing to skate on.

I grab onto Kook's coat for dear life as I hesitantly step on the ice, "Careful now, you wouldn't want someone to spontaneously push you over, would you?"

I glower up at him and he laughs. I slip a little and he catches me, holding my waist and giggling. "Shush," I smile, "I'd like to see you try."

He steps down on the ice and gracefully glides on, twirling around to see me, "I took two years of ice skating in highschool," he smiles proudly.