Chapter 17: Leipzig, Germany

Clint drove the van (not the same van, which greatly upset Clint as he liked the first van) into the parking garage of the Leipzig/Halle airport, pulling into a spot. Once the car was parked and Clint shut it down, Wanda moved to open her door, but Clint's voice stopped her.

"Not yet," he said staring straight ahead. Wanda looked at him, questioning him, but ultimately listened to him. She moved her hand away from the handle and placed it in her lap. She leaned her head back against the seat and lifted her legs up onto the dashboard. Sighing, she closed her eyes, hoping to catch at least a few minutes sleep. She had trouble sleeping on the way because their next stop, a man by the name of Scott Lang, kept wanting to talk to either of them, gushing about how excited he was to be of service to Captain America. Now that he was asleep, Wanda thought maybe she could sleep too, but Scott had over plans. His snoring bounced off the walls of the van, keeping Wanda from concentrating on resting. Clint could feel her frustration and laughed a little.

"I told you to sleep before we picked him up," he said, mocking her playfully. She shot him a glare but didn't reply to his taunt.

"So, what's the plan?" Wanda rolled her head over to look at Clint and he met her gaze.

"Cap said he had to go to Siberia. He figured Tony would try to stop him from escaping with Barnes, so he recruited us. That's all he told me, and frankly, that's all I need." Wanda nodded and turned back to stare in front of her, overlooking the airport.

"Thank you, for coming to get me," Wanda said quietly. Clint looked over to glance at her before looking straight.

"Yeah, of course." They were silent for a few moments. "You know, I missed you, kid." Wanda reached over and grabbed his hand, giving him a little squeeze and a small smile.

"I missed you, too."

After about thirty minutes, Clint and Wanda noticed a small blue car driving onto the 6th level of the parking garage. The little car pulled up next to the van and parked. Steve opened his door and got out and Clint and Wanda followed. Clint walked around the van and stood in front of Steve, taking a step towards him. Wanda stood behind him, closer to the van.

"Cap," Clint said greeting the Captain. Steve looked at him apologetically.

"You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice."

"Hey man, you're doing me a favor," Clint said shrugging. "Besides, I owe a debt." Clint turned and gestured to Wanda. Steve looked past him to look at her. He looked happy to see her. Steve always did have a soft spot for Wanda. As the three of them stood there, Sam, Bucky, and an unknown woman climbed out of the little car.

"Jesus Christ, could you have chosen a worse ride?" the woman asked Steve, though he ignored her. Wanda smiled at her as she stretched. The woman looked about her height with bright red hair that was tied in a high ponytail, but Wanda could see the very loose curls, and intriguing purple eyes. She was dressed in a white t-shirt, jeans, a black leather jacket, and black sneakers.

"Thanks for having my back," Steve said sincerely to Wanda. She smiled at him and tilted her head.

"It was time to get off my ass."

"How about our new recruit?" Clint walked to the side door of the van and pulled it open.

"He's rarin' to go. Had to put a little coffee in him, but...he should be good. What about yours?" Steve turned to look at the unknown woman before turning back to Clint giving him a smile.
"She's excited. Hasn't stopped talking since we picked her up."