Chapter 38: Vision's Back

Wanda's eyes were wide as she stared at the man named Vision. Vision smiled at her and stepped forward closer to her; his arms outstretched.

"Wanda," he said as he embraced her. Wanda reluctantly hugged him back, her eyes still wide and filled with confusion. She hadn't seen him since the airport battle in Germany; what was he doing here. "It is good to see you, Wanda."

"Vision. What are you doing here?" Wanda asked pulling out of the hug and taking a step back closer to Claire. Claire opened her arm to Wanda, holding her gently.

"Who is this?" Claire asked, her eyes narrowing and a low growl vibrating through her chest. Wanda held up her hand, grazing Claire chest, telling her to stand down. Claire relaxed a little, but still stood her ground. Vision looked at her and tilted his head.

"I am Vision, an associate of Ms. Maximoff. Might I ask who you are?"

"Don't worry about who I am."

"Vision." Wanda's voice pulled them both out of their mini conversation. "What are you doing here? Did—did Stark send you?" Fear flooded Wanda at the idea of Tony finding out their location and sending the U.S. government to take them and send them back to the Raft. Claire's arm tightened around Wanda.

"Mr. Stark is unaware of my intentions on seeing you. But I'm afraid that I'm here for more than a reunion. Is there somewhere we can talk in private?" Jemma left the room and the sound of a door closing was heard in the distance. Vision looked over past Wanda and at Claire expectantly, waiting for her to leave also. Claire caught on and another growl left her lips.

"Whatever you can say to her you can say to me." Wanda turned around in her hold and placed a hand on her cheek. Vision nodded his head and ran a hand against the back of his neck.

"I'm afraid that I'm here with some rather unfortunate news. You're in danger, Wanda." Claire growled again, louder than before and her eyes glowed a light purple.

"What do you mean she's in danger?" Claire asked.

"What are you talking about, Vision? What's happening?" Vision stepped back and lightly touched the stone in his head, causing it to glow a light yellow.

"The stone has warned me of a threat. Someone is looking for the stone, and I'm afraid that they mixed up your energy signature with that of the stone. I...I saw them come here. I saw you, Wanda, and you need to leave before they get here."

Just then, an explosion shook the cabin. Dust, pieces of roofing, and wood clattered to the ground as two giant figures dropped into the cabin from the gaping hole in the ceiling. Wanda let out a scream as Claire shoved her behind her back and take a protective stance. Vision straightened his back, readying for a fight.

The figures skulked towards the three of them. The one on the left, a woman, was tall with blue hair and small black horns that stood above her head starting from her eyes. Her eyes were a copper color and stared at the three of them with an intense glare. Armor covered every inch of her visible skin except her pale face and she held a glowing staff in her hand. The one next to her, a male, stood about the same height as the woman with a dark hooded helmet over his head. His armor was dark and his long grey face was contorted in a menacing scowl. Like the woman he held a long staff with sharp spears on both ends.

He growled at them as he looked at Claire, who growled right back. Wanda rested her hands on Claire's tense shoulders, a scarlet mist appearing. Claire could feel Wanda trembling behind her and her wolf stirred, begging to be let out.