Rewrite Part 5

-Quick A/N-

Thanks for 9k reads! However I kind of picked a bad backstory for Y/N. It's cool and all that but I'm having difficulty weaving Ino into the story. Anyway, thanks, enjoy the chapter.

-3rd person-

Y/N is shaken awake by Ino. "Hey. Hey. HEY!" She shouts. Y/N jumps awake and falls out of bed. He pokes his head back up. He gives Ino a small glare before standing back up. "The Hokage wants everyone to meet at the stadium, something about a preliminary exam." Y/N nods. She tilts her head. "Well come on then!" She grabs his hand and dashes out the door.

'No one's ever made contact with me like that. Unless I was fighting of course.' Y/N stands in line with the other Genin. 'Why did I have to do this again?' The third Hokage goes on about the Chunin exams and why they are held in the leaf. Kabuto raises his hand. "I quit." Y/N eyes him. 'There is something off about him.'

-Timeskip because I want to write my own plot-

Y/N walks through the streets of Konaha at night. He dashes onto a roof to see the stars. 'I've never really watched the stars before. I'm not allowed out at night at the hideout.' Looking onto the opposite roof Y/N spots Gaara. He sighs before jumping to the same roof as him. "What do you want?" Gaara spits out. "Just to talk. You got a minute?" Gaara rolls his eyes.

Y/N plops down opposite of him. 'He seems... docile.' "I, uh, apologize for what happened in the forest." Gaara narrows his eyes. He looks away. "I don't care. Just survive long enough in the second stage. I want to be the one to kill you." Y/N smiles. 'Unfortunately death threats aren't new.' Y/N nods.

"We have another visitor." Y/N stands up. "Goodbye Gaara. Good luck." He dashes away to find a inn to stay at for the night.

-Timeskip a few days-

"You sure you're ready kid?" Hidan smiles eagerly. "Lets do it! I have to practice water and earth style." Y/N prepares. "Your funeral." Hidan draws his scythe. A single black crow flies over as the two dash at each other, Y/N holds Hidan's scythe in place with his kunai. Y/N ends the clash by jumping backward and weaving loads of handseals. "Suiton: Suiryūdan no Jutsu!" 

A large dragon appears from the water and shoots towards Hidan. "God dammit Kisame." The dragon pushes Hidan away from the lake and into a tree. He stands back up and wipes the blood from his mouth. He begins to laugh. "I see the fish boy taught you a new trick. Itachi asked me to help you with your taijutsu so..." Hidan darts towards Y/N.

Hidan drops his Scythe and the two lock into a taijutsu battle. Hidan clearly being stronger Y/N backs up. He tosses over 50 kunai toward Hidan. Hidan retrieves his Scythe from the ground and blocks all of the kunai that were on target. "Still weak in that area huh? Don't worry, getting killed is quick if it's not me." He smugly says.

Y/N simply laughs the statement off. Hidan once again charges at Y/N. Y/N backs up to the water and weaves hand seals. "Suiton: Suijinheki no Jutsu!" A water wall forms and stops Hidan. Hidan smiles as the water wall dissolves and washes him away. Hidan coughs a little water up as he chuckles. "Good one kid!" Y/N smiles.

"Thank you Hidan! You're OK right?" Hidan simply laughs. "Yeah I'm OK kid. Good fight!" Hidan sends a punch at Y/N which hits and sends him back. "You let down your guard." Hidan shakes his head. Y/N walks back to the hideout with him.

-Timeskip the walk-

Y/N sits on the couch and patiently awaits Itachi. He begins to think about the blond hair girl he met. 'Is that normal? To give affection to someone? Kakuzu said it was for weaklings.' Itachi interrupts Y/N's thoughts. "Y/N. How was training?" Y/N quickly rebuttaled, "You should know, you had a crow there." Itachi chuckled. "Good observation."

"You will be leaving in a week for the last stage of the Chunin exams. I only have one request. Protect the village. If it falls... It would ruin our plans." Itachi masked the request in a order. "Yes sensei!" Y/N jokingly saluted. 'Like the little brother I didn't get to have.' Itachi gave a small smile to Y/N.

-Timeskip till the Chunin finals-

Y/N secures his Sound Village headband and waits by the railing. Gaara appears beside him. "Hello again. Ready for today?" Gaara nods. "We won't be fighting. Win so we can fight." Y/N chuckles. "You really want to fight don't you?" Gaara cuts his eyes at the stranger. "I sense a hidden power in you. Killing you would help the hunger." Gaara walks away from Y/N leaving an aura of killing intent behind.

"Y/N... no last name on here, versus Gaara of the sand!" The crowd roars as the Procter shouts. Gaara and Y/N body flicker on opposing sides. "Guess you were wrong!" Y/N shouts. "Ready?" The Procter asks. They both nod and he starts the match.

Y/N backs away and weaves hand seals. "Suiton: Suiryūdan no Jutsu!" A water dragon surrounds Gaara and then drops itself down on him. 'That's not even close to a Genin level jutsu... and to weave it in such a little amount of time... He's on a different level.' Kakashi watches attentively. 

Gaara raises his sand and blocks the dragon. While his sand is occupied with the dragon, Y/N dashes in and lands a blow on Gaara. 'I didn't even see him!' Kakashi grips the railing. Gaara's eyes widen at the impact. Gaara flies backward and is stopped by his sand. "Might wanna watch how you allocate that sand!" Y/N says smugly.

Gaara reaches his hand out and guides the sand toward Y/N. The sand comes in small arm like bursts. The sand separates his hands making him unable to weave handseals. He moves his head and backs up to keep himself from getting grabbed. His right hand makes a seal and two water clones appear. The clones throw Y/N away from the sand as he weaves more seals.

'He's extremely jutsu heavy. How much chakra does this kid have?' Kakashi tries to rationalize in his head. Y/N slams his hands to the ground and large walls form next to Gaara. "Doton: Sando no Jutsu!" Gaara quickly puts himself in a ball of sand. "It's over." Y/N says as the walls slam together encasing Gaara inside. 

Y/N approaches the large structure. "Do I win?" He asks the Procter as he weaves seals for a sealing Jutsu. The Procter walks over and raises Y/N's hand. "We have a winner!" Y/N turns to the large stone object. He removes the seal and weaves several seals. "Doton: Dokō gijutsu!" The structure seems to retreat into the ground revealing a sand ball. A pissed Gaara emerges.

Y/N smiles and body flickers away. He walks down the streets of Konoha. 'What's so instrumental about this place?' Y/N continues his walk. He's broken out of his thoughts as he bumps into someone. The girl with the blonde hair.

Due to popular demand... here's this. I tried. I'm not promising anything, but I'll try to write a little more on this. I just don't like Ino anymore. I don't want to change the character cause that would be clickbait and I don't want to dedicate myself to another book with my Lapis one going on right now. Perhaps I'll find the motivation to continue this book ^^. Haven't added one of my signatures in a while sooooooo...

-Kai