Rewrite Part 7

*Thump Thump*

Y/N clutches his chest. 'Still alive at least'. The complete darkness of the sphere engulfed him as the building shook from the battle outside.

Y/N quickly checked his Shuriken pouch to ensure the scroll was still there. He felt it next to his other scroll, where he retrieved his mask from.

'Dammit, I went against Itachi's rules. He's gonna kill me for this.' Despite the intimidating factor of Itachi, Y/N looked up to him as a teacher. After all, he's the one who took him off the streets.

-Flashback-

A small, abandoned child sat on the side of the street. He tried to ask passing villagers for food or money, however none replied and kept walking.

Y/N tugged on a tall man's dark cloak with red clouds on it. As he looked up he was met with piercing red eyes.

Y/N, having nothing to lose, asked the man for something to eat. "Are you all alone out here?" He replied. Y/N nodded.

The man began walking away as Y/N sat back down on the street. The man quickly turned back around and looked at Y/N.

"Well? Are you coming or not?" Y/N swiftly nodded and sprang up, following the man. They went to a nearby ramen stand.

Y/N sat in the chair and the strange man ordered a single bowl of ramen. The cook quickly made it and set it in front of him. The man slid the bowl to Y/N and simply looked at the counter, closing his eyes.

Y/N dug in and ate the bowl within ten seconds. The man chuckled at his actions before asking his name. "Senju Y/N. Thank you for the meal sir. I haven't eaten in a few days."

The mans eyes seemed to widen at the last name. "I am... Itachi." He didn't reply with a last name.

"Do you by chance... know any jutsu?" Itachi asked trying to gauge Y/N's stature abilities. Y/N nodded.

"I can do this!" Y/N said enthusiastically. He clapped his hands together as a small tree came from the ground.

Itachi's eyes were wide once again. 'He can use... wood release? I'll have to protect this kid. If that got into the wrong hands... It could destroy the Leaf and every other village.'

"That is impressive. Do you have a home?" Y/N shook his head no. "If you would like, you could live with me and my... organization. We could train your Jutsu." Itachi asked trying to be as kind as he could.

If the child said no, Itachi would have had to kill him. He couldn't just let a threat like him live. However the child said "Yes, thank you sir! I won't disappoint you!"

-End of Flashback-

Y/N chuckled to himself. Those times weren't happy ones, however there were highlights.

The shaking had stopped and, being rested, Y/N dissolved his wooden sphere. He stood up to see that the barrier had disappeared and the Hokage was dead.

Orochimaru was nowhere in sight so Y/N rushed to the Hokage's aid. He checked Hiruzen's pulse and couldn't feel anything.

He closed Hiruzen's eyes and stood up. "Oh kami! He's killed the Hokage!" Y/N swiftly turned to see Kunai flying his way.

Y/N ducked and and kept his crouched position. "You're making a mistake here, Leaf nin."

Kakashi comes down in front of the group of ANBU. "If it isn't the Copy Ninja. I didn't kill the Hokage."

"I can't say I believe you." Kakashi replies, reading a Chidori. "I'm quite tired of fighting over this nonsense. I tried my best to save your Hokage."

Kakashi dashes toward Y/N and attempts to hit him with the Chidori. Y/N puts two hands on Kakashi's arm and flips over him, making Kakashi hit the ground.

Y/N claps his hands together and tangles the ANBU in roots. He then makes a two regular clones of himself.

"A bit out of chakra are we?" Kakashi mocks. Y/N and his clones do a small wave before running in different directions.

Kakashi decides to not follow any of them, instead he begins to cut Y/N's roots.

After leaving the village Y/N dissipates his clones and continues running. "That was... close." He says to himself as he begins his run to the closest Akatsuki hideout.

-Timeskip cause I hate running-

After three very long days, Y/N is met by the familiar entrance to the Akatsuki's Konohagakure hideout. 

He swiftly unseals it and reseals it after he's inside. "You made quite the show didn't you?" Y/N turned around to see those same piercing red eyes from before he left.

However this time they were filled with disappointment. "You didn't follow any of my orders did you? Not a single one."

Itachi and Y/N sat there for a while, just staring at one another. Y/N lip was quivering from how scared he was.

"You did however... protect the Leaf. So you didn't entirely fail." Itachi lightens his gaze and walks away from Y/N, leaving a very confused look on Y/N's face.

Y/N took off his mask and his cloak and went to his room. He plopped down on the bed and removed his shuriken pouch.

Before placing the pouch to the side, Y/N takes the First Hokage's scroll. He stops a moment before opening it.

'I... didn't even beat him. He was very clearly holding back... same with the second. He gave me this for a reason. Maybe he knew we were from the same... clan?'

'That's impossible.' Y/N shook himself out of his thoughts and slowly pulled the scroll open. 

Inside was a circle along with bottom text depicting the meaning of the word. The text read "Directions change, just as life does. If nothing changes, blood must be shed."

'Blood must be shed? Like I have to kill someone or...' Y/N's gaze shifted to his pouch sitting on his bed.

He quickly grabbed a kunai from inside and ran out of his room and outside.

Quickly cutting his thumb he closed his fist. Blood dripped down onto the scroll and into the circle. 

A summoning circle appeared. Y/N caught on and Y/N slammed his hand into it. "Summoning Jutsu!" 

A huge amount of smoke emanated from the circle. Y/N stood back as a fifty foot wooden golem towered above him.

'I-I summoned that? Guess I shouldn't keep him waiting...' Y/N clapped his hands together and a wooden hand came from the ground and scooped him up.

The hand raised itself up to put Y/N on eye level with the golem. "I... haven't... seen... a... human... that... has... possessed... wood... release... in... years..." The golem boomed slowly.

Quick A/N: The golems talk slow. Just a character quirk. 

"I think I summoned you?! Do you know Hashirama?!" Y/N yelled to the golem. The golem chuckled loudly.

"Hashirama... was... a... student... of... the... forest..." The golem said as he reminisced. "Oh, do you know why he would have given me the scroll to summon you?"

The golem paused for a moment and said "It... appears... Hashirama... has... chosen... you... as... his... successor..." The golem smiles.

"You... are... free... to... train... in... Shikotsu... forest... if... you... wish... Feel... free... to... summon... me... if... you... require... aid..." The golem poofed and a large smoke cloud appeared where he was.

"Agh dammit! That makes more questions than answers!" Y/N shouted to himself. 

A/N: Another rewrite chapter done! Gotta admit I'm having fun with this story! The golem stuff is to explain Hashirama's sage mode and MAYBE Y/N's. Also, in case you are wondering Shikotsu forest is the forest that Katsuyu (Tsunade's slug) comes from. Yet again, connecting it to the Senju. I really enjoyed making this one, however I might be MIA for a few weeks due to me having to finish up things before summer. I will be responding to comments though! So feel free to leave one, I'd really appreciate the feedback. Anyway have a good day/night! 

-Kai ^^