Rewrite Part 8

Y/N groaned as he continued walking. He'd been assigned, along with Itachi and Kisame to track down and capture the Nine tails Jinchuriki by Nagato.

Pain didn't like Y/N calling him Nagato, however he heard Konan call him that once and Y/N preferred it to Pain.

Y/N agreed with Nagato's vision of peace, however he disliked the methods with which Nagato was using in order to achieve it. 

"The town up ahead. That's our destination." Itachi walked over to a dango shop as the other two followed.

The three sat down and ordered. Three other Shinobi appeared outside the shop and began talking to one another.

 Y/N recognized his voice. Kakashi. "I'm just waiting on Sasuke." Itachi clenched up on his drink. Y/N knew of Sasuke as well as what Itachi did.

-Y/N POV-

I heard the clack of sandals as another Shinobi approached. Itachi quickly directed me and Kisame to stand and walk away.

We swiftly moved out of the town by a bridge when I sensed two people following us. "Sensei. We are being followed."

Itachi nodded. Suddenly two people blocked our passage. "You guys aren't from around here are you?" The male spoke with an angry tone. "What are you doing in this village?"

"It's been a long time, Asuma, Kurenai." Itachi spoke calmly. "The fact that you know our names must mean that you are a Shinobi, formerly of this village." Asuma spat back.

Itachi slowly raised his hat showing them his Sharingan. He took off the straw hat and slowly unclipped his coat.

"Huh, Well whaddya know? Itachi. Itachi Uchiha." I swiftly took off my hat. I had no headband like Itachi or Kisame.

"Are these friends of yours Itachi? Well then. I suppose I should introduce myself." Kisame removed his hat.

"Hope we can get acquainted later. The name's Kisame Hoshigaki." Asuma faltered for a moment leaving an opportunity to strike.

I quickly withdrew a kunai and rushed him. As my kunai was about to pierce his chest it was blocked by his own. I struggled for a moment before skidding back to Itachi and Kisame.

I clap my hands together as roots spring from the nearby trees. Kurenai began to weave seals before closing her eyes.

As she disappeared one of my roots went around her leg pulling her out of the genjutsu. "After training with Itachi simple genjutsu doesn't work." I pull out a kunai before I am kicked back by Kakashi.

"Well well. If it isn't the copy cat himself." I said regaining his balance in front of Itachi. "Looks as if we'll have to fight three."

Kakashi's water clone began to speak. "Okay. Talk. What's a rouge ninja like you doing in this village?" I tried to keep my focus on Kakashi.

"Kakashi. Hatake." Time seemed to slow as everyone kept focused on their target.

"Kakashi the copy ninja..." Kisame spits out. "You could imagine my surprise. I go to check out a couple of low life vagabonds in a tea house and I find Itachi Uchiha, Kisame Hoshigaki, and Y/N."

"How about that! You know my name. I'm honored." Kisame chuckles to himself. "I assume that bizarre excuse for a sword is one of the seven ninja swordsmen of the mist. The one called sharkskin?"

"I heard that you and Zabuza had it out a while back." Kisame says shifting his sword. "Yes we did." 

A small metal sound is heard as Kakashi grabs a kunai. "Go ahead! I'd love to cut you to ribbons."