Cleaning

"Hey, what's your name anyway?" The girl askes.
"My names Amanda," I nod toward Joy, "Her name's Joy."
The guy glances at me when I say this. "My name is Isabel." The girl says. She nods toward the guy. "His name is Levi." She looks at me up and down and asks. "How old are you? "
"Twenty." I say. Isabel whistles.
"That's around my age. You look really young, like you could be mistaken as a thirteen year old." She says.
"I already have been. " I responded. I glance in Levi's direction.
She sees me glance at him and snickers. "I'm really scared of him but I want to get strong like him. Cheesy but true." I whisper.
"For that one?" She says looking at Joy. "Also why are we whispering? He can hear us."
My eyes widen in alarm. Isabel looks at me and says, "Maybe that's why you look like a kid so much. Because your eyes are so big." I look down and blush. I'm flattered and annoyed that I keep on being called a kid.

...

"This will be your first assignment." Levi says.
Then he leaves and leaves me with cleaning supplies.
The room has cockroaches in every corner. The floors and walls have dirt stains on them. And there's dust everywhere. This is gonna be so easy.

...

Knock! Knock! Knock!
"I'm coming in." Says a muffled voice. Levi comes in and his face shows surprise.
The whole room is spotless.
And he's more surprised that I'm cleaning the cleaning supplies.
"Well done Amanda. I guess you've earned your place." I beam at him.
He turns and says,"Come eat with us." "Ok, just let me finish cleaning this." "Wow you might like cleaning as much as me." He mutters as he walks away.
A few minutes later I'm finish and then I'm cleaning Joy (she was with Isabel while I cleaned) and got her situated on my lap at the table.
I play around with her as I wait for the food. Levi comes and sits down with his legs crossed and a arm behind his seat.
Joy reaches toward Levi. Levi raises his eyebrows.
I smile nervously.
He leans foreward and grabs Joy, a blank expression on his face.
He then throws her up and down. Joy giggles and smiles widely at him.
Then Levi lets her rest on his chest. She immediately falls asleep.
He looks at me and says,"Usually I hate kids because they're brats, but Joy hasn't cried once. She just sleeps and smiles." I blush at the compliemnt about Joy.
"I know right," I grab her from him and put her in my arms, looking lovingly at her, "I love her eyes the most."
He stays quiet. "I wish Mary could've met her." I squeeze my eyes shut to keep the tears from falling. "She would've love her."I whisper.
At that moment Isabel comes in with a blond guy. The guy looks at me in surprise.
"You brought in another stray, Levi?" He smiles, lopsided
.Joy wakes up and yawns.
I guess the blond didn't see her, because he looked startled.
"What the heck Levi, you brought a baby!?!"
Levi looks at Joy then at the blond make.
"Well they're there aren't they?" The blond looks at me and Joy, shocked. "Why did you bring a kid and baby!?!" My face turns red with anger.
"I'm not a kid. I'm 20."His jaw drops." And stop talking about me like i'm not here."
"Well sorry but you look like a kid." I glare at him and he shrinks away.
"Who are you anyway?" I demand.
"I'm Furlan and I work for Levi here." He pats Levi.
Levi rolls his eyes and crosses his arms. Isabel goes into another room, my guess being the kitchen.
"Who are you?" he says back.
"I'm Amanda," I point at Joy, "amd this is Joy. I work for Levi too." I say glaring at him.
He takes a seat and says,"Sorry, we got on the wrong foot I didn't mean to be so rude." He offers me his hand."Truce?" I think and end up taking his hand. "Truce." I say.