Chapter Five

Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. -Norman Cousins.

Louis had to hold on for the sake of so many people. 

*NARRATOR'S POV* 

"You're a silent sleeper, petal." The voice roused Louis from the slumber he inevitably fell into afterhis body began to tremble with exhaustion.

 His 'nap' was short of course because his hour with Harry was almost up - three whole minutes to go- and he was still stark nude from the waist down. The bed he slept in smelt of mould and dust butthe chest he slept on was a million times worse. 

Not for smell or physical condition as both Harry and Edward prided themselves in maintaining atip-top physique, but because Louis wanted to be nowhere near this chest

."You know-" Harry keeps Louis plastered to his torso, a vice-like grip on his delicate waist andfingers drumming an imaginary beat on Louis' sweet bruised skin. "-all they have to do is turnaround."

 He was referring to the guards on the other side of the door. When Louis finally gets a responseclose to his lips, Harry sits up and shifts the entire bed structure in that one motion. He sustains hishold on Louis and places their faces intimately close. His head was tilted slightly and he held oneside of Louis' face in his excessively large hand. 

"What would they do if they did?" Harry met Louis' scorching gaze before swooping lower andcapturing his lips in an anti-harmonious kiss.

 "They'd add rape to your list of offences." Louis smartly replies.

 Harry slaps him. 

It comes out of nowhere and Louis' face snaps to the right after getting back-handed. His cheekreddens and he knows he can't retaliate, should have expected this and shouldn't be tearingup again because of a slap. It does nothing more than sting like Hell fire on Louis' face, soothedshortly when he's dropped to the mattress and kisses litter that cheek.

 "I'm sorry, my petal." Harry murmurs against his cheekbone, wet lips dampening Louis' skin. Tearsget on Harry's lips and he licks his lips for the taste.

 Louis tries to get out from under such a heavy mass but his shoves and squirming all falls futilebecause Harry's still whispering small apologies into Louis' neck, each accompanied by a kiss. Theydon't feel warm or give him butterflies, they make Louis nauseous and livid. 

"Petal." Harry warns. He doesn't like that his petal is trying so hard to get away from him. 

 "Get off me." Louis is pleading with a high-pitched whine following his words as he stretches outthe column of his neck.

 "Petal, listen to me." Harry sees that he has no choice but to pacify Louis with a harsh bite to hisclavicle. "I'll let them come in here two minutes from now and find you like this. All spread out andlovely. Would you like that? I certainly wouldn't." Harry's eyes become a deep, dark shade of onyxas his lips get a little more cherry. "You're my petal and do you know what that means?" 

Louis plays dumb. He looks up at Harry like he's a wolf in sheep's clothing and tightens his graspon the man's shoulders. He can feel the scabs from the cuts he left there and the satisfaction isvague. 

"I know you do, petal. Tell me." Harry is as blank as a canvas when he wants to be and sometimesthat can be the scariest possible thing. 

Louis frees his legs of the tangle they're in and licks his dry lips before answering, carefully thistime. "Means I'm yours." 

Harry grins and it turns out one of the two worst men to ever live has dimples. "Very good,petal. That, in turn, means nobody gets to see you without a layer of clothing on besides me."