Chapter Twenty- Seven

*NARRATOR'S POV*

"Are you sure, duckling?" Liam asks Niall for the twelfth time since they've exited the elevator.Niall has decided to give it a shot but not exactly chance anything this early. He told Liam of hisplan to agree to a date only after Zayn is discharged and Liam has to come as well.

 "Yes but if you ask me again you aren't allowed to come on the date." Niall replies, passing thenurses and headed to Zayn's room.

 Liam ignores that last part and worriedly follows Niall to Zayn's patient room, thinking if maybe hepushed too far this time. "Duckling, you really don't have to."

 "Maybe I'm doing this for me, Liam." Niall counts the doors from the third hallway. 

"Okay fine." Liam stands outside because he's too terrified about this going all wrong to go in. HisDuckling is so darn brave.

 "Hey, Zayn." Niall enters the through the open doorway and passes up the opportunity to sit on achair. 

Zayn looks taken aback by Niall's sudden act of appearance, but smothers that surprise with acrooked little smile. Niall hates him for it because his cheekbones are from Hell where a demoncarved them perfectly himself. Brown eyes, darker than Liam's and a little less friendly, watchedNiall.

 "Hello, ducky." Zayn invites Niall to sit on a portion of his bed. "To what do I owe this pleasure?"

 "I want to give you a chance." Niall swallows and bends one knee - the fully able one - as he sits.His last word sounds like 'chonce' but it's out there now. 

"Do you really? What changed your mind?"

 "I hated you." Niall scowls powerfully. "Now I hate you a little less." 

"I'll take it." Zayn blows out with puffed up cheeks. "I get discharged tomorrow. What do you andthe man outside say to a fancy date?"

* * * * *

"I will never say I love you, petal-" Harry framed Louis' cheek with his palm. "-but everything Ido in your name will mean much more than that." 

Louis stared into the black stones that had replaced Harry's eyes. He felt like he was drowning andthat water, the rain, was destroying the calcium in his bones and turning them to dry ice. Thethunder was nearby but neither of them could hear it, adhere to precaution.

 They stood beside ametal staircase under the worst circumstances, facing each other in a fix or conflict situation.It's not Louis' choice anymore and he's come to terms with that. He's offended Harry too manytimes for him to be the one who deserves to choose. Harry could walk out of what they have andLouis would let him go because he deserves some freedom from the misery Louis brings him.

 "I want you to choose me." Louis' lips move in accordance to his heart now, no longer his brain.Harry rested his forehead on Louis' and completely shielded him from the rain except for the rainpelting against his back. Louis inhaled the air with a sharp breath and tilted his head to the side,upwards, anything to get their noses to brush.

 "Petal?" Harry moves his hand to the back of Louis' head, pulling him so much closer like hesurvives on the breath Louis exhales.Blue met black and there's a new story to be told. 

"I don't deserve you, not after what you just saidto me."He sees Harry open his mouth to say whatever will put him back beneath Louis but that's not wherehe belongs. 

Louis puts a hand over the man's mouth and waits for him to stop, borderline emotionsmaking tears cross over the red rims of his eyes. His lips quivered and his fingers shook, steadiedonly when Harry held onto them.The rain beat down on Louis painfully, hitting his skin and clothes like a gruelling punishment fromthe being above the clouds. He deserves it all and he hates himself for not knowing what to say.Near to releasing a sob, Louis heaves a deep breath and looks earnestly into Harry's pits whereblack turned green.