Chapter. 10: "Save Skully."

~ Time Skip - Y/N's POV ~

So, I haven't told anybody this.. but my addiction to the static pills has gotten.. out of hand.

I just can't stop taking them.

I have to have downed atleast 72 bottles in total.

I don't think it's safe, but I mean nothing bad has really happened besides nausea, so I guess I'll keep taking them until something actually life threatening happens to me.

I was just heading back from training, when suddenly I heard something from a far.. I'll always hear things from a far considering the pills enhanced my hearing range, but.. this was different. Somebody sounded as if they were terrified for their life. Now, hearing things like this was pretty normal considering this is a camp of killers but.. something just felt off.

I needed to see what it was,

I put on my gas mask, grabbed onto my bat and started running towards the area of the noise. Every second I got closer, the more the atmosphere became queasy and like something was really wrong.

The leaves and branches crunched under my sneakers as I ran with all my energy. What the hell is happening? And why does everything feel so terribly wrong..

As I came closer and closer to the noise, I heard the voices of three men. One of them was highly distressed.

I crouched down and slowly stalked towards the scene, I hid behind a tree and then peeked my head from the side of the tree,

What I saw shocked me, there were two men in cloaks and holding weapons, making it so I couldn't see who they were and then Jay was on the ground looking cut and bloody pleading for them to go.

I can't just let this happen! Jay can't just die for the second time! I- I need to do something..

As they continued to hit him repeatedly I decided that waiting would do nothing as I jumped out from the bushes and hit the cloaked men with my bat as hard as I could. The nails of my bat dug into their skin and they yelled in pain as the scent of blood filled the air. They finally managed to scramble up and run away.

"Are you okay?" I asked Jay

He shook his head, unable to speak due to shock.

"Who were those guys?" I asked as I helped him up from the ground

"I think I know but.. I don't think I should tell anybody.." he mumbled miserably

"Well, let's get you to the Health Department." I smiled sadly as I helped him walk out of the bushes

"Thank you by the way.. They would've most likely killed me." He sighed

"No problem." I shrugged

I just saved somebody's life.

~ Time Skip ~

I got Jay to the Health Department and Dr. Smiley was currently putting on the last bandage around Jay's badly cut arm.

"How did this happen again?" Dr. Smiley asked me in concern

"Apparently two cloaked guys attacked him, but he refuses to tell anybody who they were and why they did it." I glanced over at Jay who looked down in guilt

"Well, atleast you got him here in under ten minutes." Dr. Smiley sighed

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion

"If he were to be out there any longer then 10 minutes, he would've died from blood loss." Dr. Smiley shivered as he told me "Anyways, he's all good now and you're free to go back to your Cabins."