Chapter 16: Icecream Dream

"A large chocolate icecream cone please." Ashton says to the man at the counter, recieving a nod.

"What are you getting?" I ask, feeling confused. I do NOT share my food with people. And he has known me long enough to know that.

"I thought we'd share." He grins sheepily, I raise my eyebrows, challenging him to change that sentence.

"Share?" That's a bit stunning, Ashton is asking for hell on a platter.

"Yeah, didn't your mom teach you how to share?"

The breath I am about to take is stuck in my throat, I can't breathe. Ever since the car crash my mom and I got into when I was younger, that word feels like a slap to the face.

"Mommy, I drew a dinosaur today at kindergarten!" I annouce once we get into the car.

"That's wonderful, sweetheart. You'll have to show me later, I'm driving on an icy road." She replys, a bit dismissevly, redirecting her focus to the road.

"Miss  Sandra gave me a sticker cause' it's so good!" I bragged, while I pulled the picture out of my Dora backpack. Then, from the backseat of the car, I shoved it in my mom's face repeatedly, insisting that she saw it.

"Fine I'll look at it." Her eyes pull away from the street for two seconds, but those two seconds made all the difference.

"DUCK, EMERSON!" She screeches as the car collides with the tree. The impact of the hit cracks the tree trunk, making it collaspe onto us.

Needless to say, she didn't make it.

"Nope, she didn't." I shrug nonchallantly, hoping he won't notice I'm upset.

"Look Emerson, I just wanted to tell you that I broke up with Skylar. For you." He emphasizes the last part, making my stomach churn, full of colorful butterflies.

"You did?" I ask, checking to see if I heard him right. I mean, why in God's name would ANYONE breakup with that goregous model-like creature?! Yes, I do mean creature, have you seen the fake claws on her?

Ashton nods, "I decided that you're the one I truley love, not her." My jaw drops at his confession. Infact, this is so exciting, I throw my icecream cone up in the air and shriek.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! OH MY GOD!!! I HAVE TO CALL MELANIE!!" I scream and run a few feet away from him to make the call, leaving Ashton to scrape the icecream out of his hair.

After two rings, she answers,"Hello beautiful!" I hear screams of agony in the backround.

"Mel, are you okay? What's that sound?" I begin to panic at the thought of Mel getting hurt.

"Oh the screeching? That's just the kids I'm babysitting." She waves it off lightly.

"Someone trusted YOU with their children?!" Whoever did is an idiot. Mel is my best friend, but she can be very . . . unpredictable.

"Yeah, can you believe it?" Melanie laughs.

"If you don't mind me asking, why are they screaming?" I wonder, the confession Ashton made lingers in my brain.

"Miley and James just wanted to reinact the Hunger Games. I told them not to, but they didn't really listen so . . . I have alot to blood to clean up before their parents come home."

"Yell at them to stop, Mel." I roll my eyes, of course she would overlook the simplest ways to stop these violent children.

"Okay I'll be right back - JAMES PUT THE KNIFE DOWN, MILEY GET OUT OF THE OVEN, IT'S NOT A FUCKING CAVE! NOW GO PUT BAND-AIDS OVER ALL OF YOUR CUTS OTHERWISE NEITHER OF YOU GET DESSERT! THAT'S AN ORDER, DUMBASSES, NOT A REQUEST!!!" Each kid whines a bit, then the there's silence.

"I'm back, now SAY WHAT YOU NEEDED TO SAY!" She demands, I picture her with her hands on her hips.

"ASHTON SAID HE LOVES ME! AHHHHHH! I'M SO HAPPY!!!!" I squeal, then start jumping around.

"GO SUCK SOME FACE, EM! GO SUCK SOME FACE!!!" The line goes silent.

I skip back to Ashton, my smile is huge.

"I'm guessing you saw all of that." I say, somewhat embarassed.

He lifts up my chin, and leans in for a kiss.

"STOP! DON'T DO THIS!" A black haired muscly guy runs into vision.

"Ryan?" I'm shocked, this can't be happening.

"He's only using you, Emerson." He whispers, his eyes look so honest, so pure.

"Someone TELL ME what's really going on." I'm afraid of the answer.

What if everything's just one big lie?

Everything, starting with me becoming Ashton's "sister"?