Rise of Voltron Part 4

Allura was led away to another room leaving the new Paladins by themselves. While waiting, Zoey kept thinking about everything that has changed for all of them. Just a few hours ago, they were normal people that knew nothing about what was outside our solar system. But now, they were on an alien planet and were told that they are pilots of six mechanical lions. If they ever told anyone, they would dub them as crazy just like how the Garrisons treated Shiro.

"Zoey." Shiro said, whose voice broke her from her train of thoughts.

"Yeah?" Zoey asked.

"Do you think we have a chance against Zarkon?" Shiro questioned.

"As long as we don't give up." Zoey said.

"What do you mean, Zoey?" Lance asked.

"If we run away from this fight with our tails between our legs, Zarkon will simply label us as 'cowards'. But if we stay and take a stand, then we can shake up the Galra army. We'll show them that the new Paladins of Voltron are not to be messed with." Zoey said with determination burning in her topaz colored eyes. Everyone was moved by her words. They knew that she was right; they can't give up and there's no way that they were going to let Zarkon destroy Arus. Then the doors reopened and Allura came back in wearing a pink, white, and blue space suit with her silver white hair was tied up in a bun.

"You six paladins were brought here for a reason. The Voltron Lions are meant to be piloted by you and you alone. We must fight and keep fighting until we defeat Zarkon. It is our destiny. Voltron is the universe's only hope. We are the universe's only hope." Allura said with an authoritative tone.

"We're with you, Princess." Shiro said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allura then took all of them to a room, where six chambers were holding six different suits, one for each of the paladins.

"Your suits of armor." she explained, as all of them walked towards their correspondent chambers.

"Cool!" Lance said.

"Outstanding." Shiro said.

"Nice." Keith said.

"Oh, neat!" Pidge said.

"Wow." Zoey said.

Hunk was looking at his armor then himself, comparing sizes. Zoey predicted that Hunk felt unsure if the suit would fit him or not.

"Princess, are you sure about this? They aren't exactly the best and brightest the universe has to offer." Coran muttered, twirling his moustache.

"No, but they're all we've got." Allura muttered.

"Boys and girl, it's time to suit up!" Shiro said to everyone with a smile.

She couldn't help but wonder if the suits had a feature that allowed them to adjust to the owner's body. Otherwise, she didn't think they could be so comfortable. Once she placed her helmet on, she stood there with the others with determination. Allura then placed her hand over a screen showing five bayards.

"The bayard is the traditional weapon of the Paladins of Voltron. It takes a distinct shape for each paladin." Allura explained and they floated towards them. Hunk grabbed his and it turned into a large gun though it resembled more of a cannon in Zoey's opinion. Keith's turned into a sword and his armor spawned a shield in turn. Lance's turned into a gun as well, less bulky than Hunk's though. Pidge's was an arrow shaped blade that was similar to knuckle braces which she swiped around.

"Aww, you got a cute little bayard." Lance laughed. Pidge dug the side of her weapon into Lance's side, he screamed as he was electrocuted then fell to the floor and groaned.