Rebirth

"Oh no." Pidge's weary voice was heard through the intercom link as everyone stared at the Galra craft.

"Please tell me there's not a massive monster in there. Please tell me it's empty." Hunk whined. "Or full of space candy. One of those two, either one is fine."

"I don't think it's a piñata Hunk." Lance stately muttered. A sweatdrop appeared on Zoey's temple.

"If it's the same kind of monster that attacked us on Arus, we already know how to beat it." Keith said confidently.

"I don't really think that Zarkon would be stupid enough to send a similar one, Keith." Zoey said. "They've probably made some major upgrades to that monster. It possible that it might even be more uglier than the other one we faced on Arus."

"Good logic." Keith mumbled. Just when Keith said those words, the machine opened up to reveal an even nastier looking monster. It had a face that looked like an anglerfish, arms that resembled flat tentacles and was covered in a red armor. The eye holes on its head lit in green and when it locked its sight on Voltron. The beast's chest circle also glowed in green and it shot a green beam at Voltron. Pidge defended them with the shield but it was more powerful that it was pushing them back.

"It's not candy!" Hunk screamed with panic in his voice.

"And it's not the same monster!" Lance shouted in the same kind of tone. Then another beam tried to hit them, but they evaded it. Instead it hit the Balmera. Zoey gasped again at the feeling in her head. The planet was in pain.

"We need to draw its fire away from the Balmera's surface!" Shiro commanded.

Once more the monster attacked, another powerful laser hitting Voltron's shield head on. It kept firing and firing its lasers at Voltron. It was harder to keep it together and even tougher to avoid its shots. They summoned the sword and tried to slice it, but the armor was too hard and it kept shooting at them before they could even hit.

"We can't hold out much longer!" Lance cried out.

"My lion's weakening. If the shield takes in any more damage we're done for." Pidge stated.

"Pidge is right." Zoey said.

"Oh Pidge is right? I'm the one who said we can't hold out!" Lance complained.

"Lance! Watch your footing!" Before Lance could hear Keith, the blue lion tripped over a rock and caused Voltron to fall and break the shield.

"Ok...Team Voltron disband!" Shiro said."Everyone evasive maneuvers. It can't shoot us all at once."

Then they separated, letting their lions fly in the sky. But then the monster raised its arms and the holes on them glowed in green. Then several green lasers shot into the air, aiming at the lions.

"Ok...it can do that too." Shiro muttered as they tried to evade all of the lasers. This was one heck of a tough situation they were having right now. Just like before, the monster was giving them a lot of trouble. How were they suppose to beat this kind of machine. It seemed to be way harder than the last they had to fight against. Suddenly, a blue beam shot from the sky, nailing the monster in the back. The clouds parted, revealing the Castle of Lions descending with its particle barrier up. The monster turned, fixing its gaze onto the Castle and firing its chest laser at it. However, the monster still managed to fire into the air with its tentacle arms.

"Keith, try to draw its fire. I'm coming in from above." Shiro stated.

"Roger!" The Red Lion flew down low, firing its searing fire beam at the monster.

The monster turned towards the Red Lion, aiming all the green beams towards the Red Lion who was able to dodge them all while the Black Lion charged for an attack it turned, firing another green beam from its eyes and causing Shiro to pull back.