The Black Paladin

Zoey had felt so guilty of what had happened to Allura. Shiro held her close the entire way back to the castle. Shiro must have known that Zoey was really upset over the earlier events. He also felt guilty. He wished that he was able to do something. But Allura had made choice when she threw him and Zoey into the escape pod.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Pidge, scan the download from their ship," Shiro ordered as he took off his helmet, "Find out where Zarkon's central command is."

"On it!" Pidge immediately obeyed him and sat down in her chair and started to browse through the information that they had gotten.

"What happened? Where's Allura?!" Coran asked in a panicked voice as he ran up to them.

"They captured her. She sacrificed herself to save me, Zoey, and the information. We didn't have a choice." Shiro explained.

"How is that possible?" Coran asked, his eyebrows furrowed at Shiro.

"Coran, we're sorry things didn't go as planned, but we can't focus on what went wrong." Zoey explained.

"We've got to figure out how to make it right. Pidge, anything?" Shiro asked.

"Guys, look at this." Pidge said, a hologram screen appearing on the main screen and it showed three different battleships as everyone walked over to her.

"Look at the size of it!" Coran announced.

"I think we should go right away. Every minute we waste gives Zarkon time to prepare for us," Pidge explained, everyone staring at the screen.

"I agree. We form Voltron, fly in, fly out, dust off our hands, and walk away." Lance said, his arms crossed.

"Um, do you guys not remember the Balmera? We could barely take out one fleet. But this...a base this size could hold a thousand fleets!" Hunk stated worried.

"Or maybe we shouldn't go on this mission at all." Keith suddenly stated, which everyone's attention with shock. "We'll be delivering the universe's only hope to the universe's biggest enemy."

"Keith, that's cold even for you. What if it was one of us? What if it was me? You wouldn't leave me behind, would you? Would you?" Hunk asked with a concerned face, a little wary.

"I'm not saying I like the idea. I'm just thinking like a paladin." Keith explained, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Allura is as important as any of us, probably even more. We can't just leave her in that place, Keith. Who knows what Zarkon might do to her." Zoey said to Keith with scrunched eyebrows.

"You're thinking of yourself because you're too scared to do what's right!" Lance said to Keith with a glare.

"Alright! That's enough!" Zoey yelled, glaring at them.

"Okay, we're all upset we lost Allura." Pidge sighed, looking down.

"No, Shiro and Zoey lost Allura!" Coran yelled, glaring at the two paladins.

"Okay, okay! This isn't helping," Hunk shouted, everyone looking at Hunk, "We can't just sit here and bicker like this."

"Let's focus. How are we going to get Allura?" Shiro asked, everyone looking towards him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone except Shiro and Zoey sat in their seats as they typed away on their holographic screens. For Zoey, she knew that she wouldn't be able to concentrate at all with her worry of something bad happening to Allura. She was like an older sister to Zoey. One she wished she had. Shiro must have detected her guilt somehow before he walked over to her and held her in his arms. Zoey figured that it was Shiro's way of comforting her, but his own comfort as well. She slowly stepped out of his arms and gave a small smile towards him. Shiro returned it as well. Then she noticed Coran who was by himself and staring at the screen in front of him. Zoey walked up to Coran with Shiro who trailed up beside her as she placed her hand on his shoulder.