Best Laid Plans

Zoey felt an arm wrapped her waist as she slowly opened her eyes. She looked over her shoulder and saw Shiro sleeping peacefully beside her. Then she winced when she felt pain in her bottom region. She pondered on why she was pain until she remembered the events from last night.

'Shiro and I made love.' Zoey thought as she blushed. It was a spectacular feeling that she couldn't even describe. She had to admit that it felt breathtaking. She already like it. Then the arm tightened around her waist.

"Good morning." Shiro whispered behind her.

"Good morning." Zoey whispered back as she smiled.

"We have to get up, Zoey." Shiro said.

"I know. But I want to stay like this for a little longer." Zoey whined. Shiro chuckled.

"10 minutes. Then we have to get up." Shiro said. "Okay?"

"Okay." Zoey said. Shiro pulled her closer to his chest and nuzzled into her hair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon after they woke up and got changed into their paladin armor, they all had a great breakfast, and went into their lions to help pull the giant teludav up into space. Zoey spotted the Princess, Slav, Coran, Kolivan, and Antok below talking to the Olkari. Whatever she said to them, they were cheering with enthusiasm. Then they hovered back into the castle.

"Everyone lock into position. We're taking this thing up," Shiro ordered. The lions bit down on the giant teludav. "Princess, we are go for launch."

"Charging main turbine." Allura informed. The Castle slowly advanced to the atmosphere of the planet as the lions used their boosters to advance towards the atmosphere as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All rights, guys, listen up," Shiro commanded, standing on the platform with everyone standing around the platform. "I'll use the Black Lion to lure Zarkon's fleet to our current location and make sure he's within the teludav's area of effect. Keeping the teludav hidden behind the space-fold until the last possible second is essential." Then he turned to Slav. "We can count on you, right, Slav?"

"Absolutely. I'll be fine," Slav said, he scrunched his eyebrows as he looked to the side. "I'm not sure about the gravity generator, though."

"What? What was that last thing?" Hunk questioned, catching Slav's mumbled words.

"Care to repeat that, Slav?" Zoey asked. Slav turned to look at everyone.

"Hiding a ship is one thing, but I've never had to build a gravity generator for something this large before. I know it'll work, but I'm not really sure for how long." Slav spread his arms while explaining the reasons. Zoey turned to Kolivan.

"Kolivan, are you sure that this is the right genius?" Zoey whispered.

"I'm certain, why?" Kolivan asked.

"He never says anything positive." Zoey answered.

"Well, that's a risk we'll have to take." Shiro said. "Once Zarkon's ship is in position, Kolivan and Antok will coordinate with Thace. Together, they'll take down Zarkon's security system and upload the virus."

"And then, he'll be a sitting du-flax." Pidge said with a large grin on her face as she lifted her glasses. When she noticed everyone's blank stares, she frowned as she had to explain her joke. "What? A du-flax is an Altean creature with a beak and webbed feet."