Crystal Venom

"Zoey." A male voice said as Zoey continued to sleep in her bed. She still felt a little bit groggy from yesterday. The mysterious energy that she used against that monster made her pondered and exhausted somehow. It felt like nothing that she had never felt before. She couldn't figure out what this energy might be. Ever since she became the White Paladin, strange things have been going on around her so far. But right now at the moment, she didn't want to get out of bed. Her bed was too comfortable at the moment. Then she felt her bed inclined which meant that someone was sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Come on, you have to get up." The male voice said. Zoey opened her eyes to blurriness and could make out a figure in front of her, so she rubbed them and when they cleared up, she looked up to see Shiro smiling as he sat on the side of her bed.

"Shiro?" Zoey groggily asked. "What time is it?"

"Almost ten. Come on, you can't sleep the day away." Shiro replied with a smile.

"I know. But I'm still exhausted from yesterday." Zoey said.

"That's why you have to get up or you won't be able to sleep tonight." Shiro said. Zoey sighed.

"Alright." Zoey sat up as he stood. Then she removed the blanket off of her and stood up from the bed and stretched. Shiro blushed when he noticed her sleepwear: purple tank top and black pj shorts. He had to admit that these clothes really showed off the frame of her body. He didn't how long he had been staring at Zoey until he noticed the wave of her hand in front of him.

"Shiro, are you okay?" Zoey asked. Unexpectedly, Shiro pulled Zoey towards him and kissed her.

"I'm fine." Shiro said. Zoey blushed at least three shades of red at that moment. She didn't expect Shiro to kiss her as soon as she got out of bed. She was still getting used of her and Shiro being a couple.

"I'll meet you in the dining room before we head off to the containment room, okay?" Shiro asked.

"S-Sure." Zoey stuttered. Somehow, she was unable to move or even look at Shiro as she fiddled with the hem of her shirt.

"You okay?" Shiro asked. Not fully aware of the effect he has on Zoey. Whenever she was near him, she felt like her body heat was going through the roof.

"Y-Yeah. I'll meet there." Zoey looked up into Shiro's dark grey eyes. He smiled softly.

"Okay." Shiro kissed her cheek and left the room, leaving a stiff frozen Zoey behind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, guys, Sendak's almost all hooked up. But, look, I have to warn you," Coran explained, looking at a hologram screen in front of a small containment pod, "this technology was used to keep Altean memories alive, not to interrogate prisoners."

Everyone, except for Allura, was in the detainment room where they were watching the pod that contained the still body Sendak. To Zoey's point of view, it kind of creeped her out. It almost felt like he was going to wake up any second and scare the heck out of them. Like in all of those horror movies of when the good guys think that they killed the villain and he looks dead. But then he wakes up and scares them and one of the good guys kills him again. She hoped that it wasn't one of those moments.

"Coran, we understand this isn't what the technology was meant for, but if we can extract Sendak's memories, we may gain valuable intelligence on Zarkon's troop locations." Shiro explained, staring at Coran.

"Yeah, and then we can just be like, 'Knock-knock.' 'Who's there?' 'The avenging fury of Voltron, son!'" Lance said while making gestures and knocking on Hunk's head.