A Moon Detour

Zoey heard her clock alarm go off. She pressed on the alarm key and it went silent. She slowly sat up and stretched her arms out. For some strange reason, she felt happy almost light. Like the weight on her shoulders seemed to be lighter now. Then she remembered that she told Shiro and Pidge about her parents.

Maybe it was a good thing that I told Shiro and Pidge about my parents. Zoey thought. She remembered that night very well. Shiro and Pidge hugged her until she got tired. Shiro picked her up in his arms and walked her to room. Zoey blushed when she thought back to that moment. She had to admit that it felt nice to be held by someone. Somehow, in Shiro's arms, she felt safe and warm. It was a feeling that she couldn't describe at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone went to the healing pods to check on Lance's healing progress. He still looked like he was sleeping.

"I can't tell if he looks healthy or not." Hunk murmured, squinting his eyes at Lance through the pod.

"I think he's breathing weird." Pidge added, pressing her face close against the pod's screen.

"I'm sure he's fine." Zoey reassured.

"Oh, come on!" Keith yelled, poking the pod, but Allura pushed his hand away.

"Not yet! A few more ticks." Allura growled, glaring at Keith.

"How much better do you think he's gonna get in a few more ticks?" Keith asked, crossing his arms and pouting while looking away.

"And what exactly is a tick?" Pidge asked.

"You know, a time slice." Allura explained.

"What, like a second?" Shiro questioned.

"What is a "second"?" Allura asked, confused.

"It's a time slice." Zoey answered.

"Like this." Pidge said as she pulled out a small orange cellphone like device and holds it up to Allura, showing a timer which started beeping.

Allura stared at the timer, watching the seconds tick by, "I'm not sure. I think ticks are bigger. Coran, do you have a ticker?"

"Right here, Princess," Coran said, pulled out a device with four lines on it, each facing up, down, left, and right and beeping. To Zoey's point of view, it looked like an Altean version of a stopwatch.

"I think ticks are a little slower." Hunk commented.

"I can't really tell." Pidge stated.

"Maybe we should start them at the same time." Zoey suggested.

"Okay. Ready, go!" Coran said as he and Pidge start their timers off at the same time as everyone huddled around watching.

"Yes! I think we're winning." Hunk gleefully said.

"Winning what? The intergalactic time measuring competition?" Keith questioned sarcastically. At that moment, Lance's pod opened, but everyone else was still occupied with the "measuring competition" going on.

"Yes." Hunk said in an offended tone.

"You guys having a clock party?" Everyone froze and looked up, staring at Lance who suddenly was standing there.

"Urgh Lance! You just ruined it-Huh Lance! You're back!" Hunk yelled and squeezed the still recovering guy into a tight bear hug.

"What happened?" Lance murmured when Hunk released him from his hug.

"We can tell you all about it while you get something to eat." Zoey said, smiling at Lance. She was glad that he was alright. He may be annoying at times, but he can sometimes act like a brother to her.