An Unlikely Ally

Everyone stood around Pidge, a wire in Shiro's prosthetic arm that's connected to Pidge's laptop. Shiro explained what he remembered while he was in the pod. How a Galra helped him escape and that he put coordinates in his arm.

"I'm not finding any coordinates in here. Are you sure this wasn't just a dream?" Pidge asked, raising an eyebrow at Shiro.

"I'm positive. Someone helped me escape." Shiro said, a determined look on his face.

"And he was Galra?" Allura asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yes." Shiro confirmed as he looked down.

"You know they cannot be trusted." Allura snapped with narrowed eyes.

"Your father must have trusted them once, right?" Zoey asked. Allura glanced at her.

"Zarkon was the original Black Paladin, wasn't he?" Shiro asked, looking up at Allura with his eyebrows furrowed.

"That was a long time ago." Allura stated, looking to the side to avoid Shiro's gaze.

"Wait, what?" Lance asked, his eyes widening.

"Did you not see how the Black Lion was stolen from Shiro?" Zoey asked, catching everyone's attention, "Or that Zarkon could do all those things with his bayard? Shiro's bayard? The Black bayard."

"Why didn't you tell us the truth about Zarkon?" Shiro asked. Allura closed her eyes and looked down.

"I wanted to protect you from the dark history of the paladins, so you could bond with your lions on your own." She explained to everyone before looking up at Shiro. "You are the black paladin now, not Zarkon."

"Well the Black lion may has a different take on that." Shiro muttered under his breath while looking down as Pidge was still looking through the computer.

"He's probably holding onto Zarkon for some reason." Zoey commented.

"What do you mean, Zoey?" Shiro asked, looking up at her.

"Ainhoa told me that Zarkon was once a noble soul who cared deeply for his people. The Black Lion must be thinking that the Zarkon from the past might still be there." Zoey explained. "But that Zarkon is probably gone."

"Ainhoa?" Keith asked, curious.

"The previous White Paladin." Zoey answered.

"How on Earth did you meet her, Zoey? She's been dead for 10,000 years." Coran commented with wide eyes.

"I discovered her A.I. in the remains of Altea. She told me everything about the Lion's history." Zoey confirmed.

"Wait a second, I think I see it now. Some repeated numbers in all this Galra code. Lemme extract it," Pidge said as she put up a large screen with pictures on it. "They're coordinates. They lead to the Thaldycon System." She explained.

"Then that's where we're headed." Shiro announced as he stood up.

"Shiro, are you sure you can trust this? I mean, after all the Galra have done to you They...They took your arm." Keith said as he crossed his arms while frowning.

"It's worth the risk. Someone helped me escape. If we can locate some allies in our fight against Zarkon, especially ones from his own side, we might just find a way to take him down." Shiro explained.

"I agree with Shiro." Zoey spoke up. "We're in a war, Allura. We need as many allies we can find. This galra is a rebel and there might be more who are against Zarkon."

"I agree with Zoey." Pidge added.

"I as well." Coran agreed with Pidge. Allura was shocked that Coran agreed with the other three paladins. Allura sighed.