18

unedited

"Scott, I don't think I can get out of here

"Scott, I don't think I can get out of here. I can't move."

"Where are you?" Scott paced his bedroom as he listened to his best friend's heavy breathing over the phone.

"I don't know. I don't know, it's too dark. I can't see much. And somethings wrong with my leg, it's stuck on something. And I think it's bleeding."

"How bad Stiles? How bad? Are you there? Can you hear me?" The wolf asked Stiles in panic.

"There's a smell down here. It's brutal my eyes are watering."

"Okay I'm calling your dad."

"No, no. Don't. Just promise you won't." The line was silent for a moment as Scott heard Stiles's labored breath. "Scott,"

"Yeah?"

"Apollo's here too. He's not moving."

The huntsman inhaled sharply as he pushed his face off of the cold ground. His hands ached as the air bit at his skin, leaving his cheeks a light red as he looked around. Apollo let out a sigh, being able to faintly see the fog come out of his mouth in darkness. He had no clue where he was, looking around in confusion.

"Stiles?" Apollo gaped, hurriedly moving to the boy's side.

"Something's wrong with my leg. I don't-" Stiles sniffled as he shook his head. "Something's wrong with my leg."

"Hey, it's okay. You have your phone?" Apollo grabbed the boy's hand softly as he gave a nod, handing it over. The huntsman turned on the flashlight, pointing it down at Stiles's leg. The scrawny boy let out a scream at the sight, his ankle caught in a bear trap and covered in blood. "Hey, hey," Apollo tried to block the boy's view. "Look at me okay? Don't think about it, you're going to be fine. Okay? I promise."

"Wait," Stiles whispered as he calmed down. His brown eyes flickered around the room, Apollo holding onto his hand tightly in concern. "Who's there?" Stiles called out. "I know you're there. I can hear you." The two boys looked into the darkness as Stiles moved his phone, trying to find the source of the scratching they heard.

Apollo let out a small gasp as he saw a man in the corner, scratching something into the wall. Out of instinct he pulled Stiles closer to himself, both of the boys shivering on the ground. The two watched as the stranger dropped a piece of chalk, slowly rolling towards them. And when they looked back up it was gone, with what looked like a backwards five on the wall in his place. Apollo furrowed his eyes, recognizing the symbol. It was the kanji the Oni had been engraving into the others.

"Self." Both boys mumbled in confusion. As they watched in terror the chalk on the wall began to blow away, leaving a blank canvas in its place. Suddenly the light went out, Stiles angrily shaking his phone in a panic.