23

unedited

"Lydia

"Lydia."

The girl was backed against the creaky old pipes wherever she was, shaking as she held back tears.

"Lydia," Apollo's shaky chuckle echoed throughout the walls.

"Leave me alone."

Apollo threw his head back, the shrill laughter making Lydia wince.

"He's trying to help you, Lydia."

"Get away from me!" She screamed in his face, the playfulness falling from the Argent's eyes. "Please, come back. Allison misses you, I miss you, Stiles-"

"Stiles is here!" Apollo cut her off with a scream of his own, slamming his hand into the wall beside her head. "I am protecting Stiles! Don't you get that?"

Lydia's eyes widened, slowly moving her hands to rest on the sides of the archer's face.

"That is not Stiles."

Apollo ignored her stepping back and leaning against the concrete, as if his best friend wasn't right in front of him.

The strawberry blonde moved her hands to the pipes on the wall, her head turning back and forth as if she were hearing voices.

"Can you hear them?" Lydia's head snapped down the hall, Stiles' silhouette coming towards her. "Louder than usual isn't it?"

Apollo's haunting chuckle filled the air again as the Nogitsune creeped closer, Lydia's labored breathing dying on his ears.

"Well, that's because a lot of bad things happened down here."

Once the Nogitsune had passed Apollo, he followed the entity, stalking Lydia as she shuffled down the dim hallway.

"What are the voices telling you? Are they saying that Stiles is dying? He is you know. He's dying."

Apollo laughed, the sound turning into more of a growl as they heard Lydia hold back a sob.

"Then what do you need me for?" She shouted back at them. "You think I can tell you something?"

"Oh, I know you can."

"I'm not telling you anything!"

Apollo scoffed as Stiles crept closer to Lydia, watching with a grin.

"You won't have to. You'll be screaming."

"They'll find me. My friends are going to find me."

"You think so?" The Nogitsune left Apollo's side to sit on the steps, looking down to where Lydia continued to bang on the cage like door.

Lydia felt sick watching him, the way he treated Apollo, the way he acted, and coerced, and deceived.