21

unedited

"Coming in on a Saturday

"Coming in on a Saturday."

Stiles kept an emotionless expression on his face as Apollo let out a cold chuckle, the two foxes entering Mr. Yukimura's classroom.

"Now that's dedication, isn't it Apollo?"

"I would say it is." Apollo's bronze eyes drew the teacher's attention, the man stepping back at the sight. "But we didn't come here for compliments."

"Where is she hiding them?" The Nogitsune asked the man.

"I'm sorry," Mr. Yukimura replied calmly. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Her little knives." Stiles said as he searched the room, knocking books off their shelves as he did so. "Daggers. We know what they are. Physical representation of her tails."

"You're lucky we're asking nicely," the words came from the Argent like ice.

"Maybe you'd like to do some reading on it," Yukimura choked out. "I can direct you to the section on Japanese myths in the library."

"No. No, we'd like to talk to you," the Nogitsune chuckled dryly. "The older the tail, the stronger the Oni. Am I right?"

"We know there's one left. Frankly, we're growing impatient," the Guard growled.

"Unfortunately, I don't know what either of you are referring to."

Stiles sighed at that, glancing to Apollo with a shake of his head.

"You'll talk." A small fly flew into the teacher's mouth, Apollo chuckling at the sight.

The two foxes watched as the man began to choke, falling onto his knees as his hands went to his throat.

"They always talk."

The two foxes stood in Derek's loft with sky grins, looking out of the window from where they stood.

"Chaos is coming," the Nogitsune hummed.

The Guard nodded, running his hands over the glass as he looked out as well.

The two turned, putting on their acts as the door to the loft flew open.

"Hi dad," Stiles mumbled as the Sheriff stood at the door.

It was a good act, his eyes teary as he frowned, Apollo doing the same beside him.

"Sheriff," Apollo's voice cracked as he nodded to the man.

The sheriff pulled out two sets of handcuffs, holding them out to the boys.

"You want to handcuff us?" Stiles faked a sad laugh.