Chapter 3

"You are home, is it too early?" The voice from the back making him turning his head, his dad strolling with his wheelchair towards the living area

The 60 years old man now riding the wheelchair since the stroke attacking suddenly two years ago making his both legs paralysed. It's happened when he fallen down in the bathroom.

That's why he was retired early and passing his company to Dylan. His father's health getting worse; he got weak heart, high blood pressure and diabetes. Its needed to monitor closely and avoiding him from any pressure which mainly coming from workload and company's affairs.

His father naturally workaholic, he is refused to taking rest and keep worried about his company. Even after he handing over to Dylan for managing, he still keep concerning and stressing over company wellbeing and somehow getting Dylan triggered because its seem like his own father doubting his capability to manage their company.

With numerous push and pull moments with him, his father finally giving up and let Dylan fully managing his beloved company. He is now spending his time mostly in house, enjoying gardening, reading or gathering with his old friends. Its giving Dylan peace on his mind, seeing his father getting happier and healthy.

"Pa, you are not sleep yet?" he quickly standing up and helping to push the wheelchair.

"It's only almost 10, i'm about go to my room. Just out to get this, my book. How's the party? I heard something interesting happen?"

"ah, yes...it's weirdly interesting..."

That night is birthday party for the lady boss of Shen Group, Mdm. Shen Zhuyi. The 52nd birthday which be held at Shen Mansion itself. The unnecessary grand party invited the big name in the industry and important person in the company such as board of directors including himself as one of shareholder and also the main subsidiary member.

Dylan actually never be a fan of that Madam. Something about her making him feel uncomfortable to be around. The way she talk or gestures, too much fakeness and the feeling is mutual, that Madam also never like him. Maybe because his bluntness or his face expression which always failed to hide his real feeling.

He didn't care much, their relationship is purely business. She maybe closer to his father but not him. So, attending her birthday party actually very inconvenient for him but he needed at least to show his face around for business purposes only. Since its attended by big name in industry, he will get free chance to expand his connection.

He was arrived one hour late and its purposely. When he is about to walk into the main door, there's a figure in squatting position, backing him at the right corner which instantly making him stop his step. There's also the head butler of the Shen Mansion, Mr. Liu standing beside that figure while smiling pleasantly.

The curiosity creeping him up, why Mr. Liu looks pleased just staring at that small figure. When he is about to greet Mr. Liu, that figure standing up and turning to face Mr. Liu. Dylan can see her side profile. A petite girl with dark grey cat on her arms.