Chapter 1

The lights dazzled across the large room as Lauren Jauregui, Harry Jauregui and Naomi Scott stepped inside. Lauren wore a black turtleneck dress over a white long blazer together with a pair of white boots that stopped just below her knee while Harry donned expensive Armani suits as Naomi wore a violet cocktail dress.

"Alright, finally! It's about time we got here." Harry proclaimed with a wide grin, winding his arm around Naomi's waist.

"This is pointless, Harry. You know I don't like to gamble." Lauren complained which makes Harry to turn to his younger sister.

"Come on, Lolo. Live a little!" Harry exclaimed before giving Lauren a friendly smack on the back. "You never know whom you'll meet at these things." He added and grinned towards Naomi who smiled in return.

The casino was full of men and women, each crowding the gambling tables. The slot machines were filled across each row as the smell of cigarettes overflowed in the room.

"So, where should we go to first?" Harry asked as Naomi pointed at a couple selections.

While the couple absentmindedly talked, Lauren just glanced around the room, standing casually with her hands fisted in her blazer pockets. She watched a few men and women in the casino walking by her and turned their heads as they openly staring at her. Some men would even flash a flirtatious smile while the women would bat their thick, fake eyelashes. However, Lauren ignored their advances while remaining uninterested to the men and women. After all, it was Harry who kept provoking her to come so much that Lauren felt she would never get any peace unless she agreed. She was here simply as a favor to her older brother, nothing more.

Finally Lauren settled her eyes on a poker table with little people filling the seats. After exchanging some money for poker chips, she walked towards the table as Harry and Naomi followed lazily behind her. Once she approached the table, Lauren casually threw a few chips on the counter as the dealer began dealing cards to Harry and Lauren as Naomi sat patiently beside Harry.

"Welcome, ladies and gentleman. The game is Texas Hold 'Em," The dealer introduced as he finished passing out the cards. "What are your opening bets?"

Just as Lauren was about to pick up a few chips, she heard a loud commotion behind her.

"What? What do you mean I lost? There's no way he could have gotten four of a kind! He must have CHEATED!"

Hearing the words garbled together, Lauren glanced over her shoulder, shifting her attention to the person who was making the entire commotion. Lauren's eyes settled on a woman with brunette hair. She was standing up, her arms lightly shaking at her sides in anger as she glared at the casino dealer. Her cheeks were flushed as she breathed heavily. Lauren found her eyes drawn to her heaving chest before lowering to the slit in her dress, revealing long, smooth legs. The woman was dressed in a long black dress with a slit in the side and an open back which was covered by her long, wavy brunette hair.

When Lauren's eyes moved back to her face, her smooth brunette hair was let loose behind her with a few strands from her side bangs falling against her large, dark brown eyes fringed with thick lashes. Lauren watched her for a few moments before resuming her attention to the card game in front of her, only to hear the clicking of heels behind her and the scrape of a chair being pushed backwards. Her eyes shifted to the side to see the same brunette woman she was scanning earlier taking a seat right beside her. Her perfume flooded Lauren's nose along with the scent of alcohol. Seeing the way the woman sat down, Lauren realized that she was drunk as she clutched to the shot glass with clear vodka filled inside it.

"I'll probably... probably have better luck here... because... because you're not a cheater, right?" The woman slurred out as she lifted her eyes from the table to the dealer who smiled in return.