Chapter 5

A little girl with large eyes glanced around her. A young Lauren found herself in the middle of a clear, open field. Long blades of grass sprout from the ground, tickling her bare ankles as thick trees bordered around her. She noticed a flash of brown from the corner of her eye, directing her attention towards the area. Her eyes flickered over to her right, seeing another little girl that looked around her age. She had long brunette hair tied high in a ponytail as she knelt against the ground on her knees, her small hands digging in the soil. She wore a light yellow dress fringed with ruffles with silk fabric and expert sewing; however, grass and dirt stains marred the yellow dress.

Curiosity peaked Lauren's interest. She walked towards the brunette girl quietly, noting that she didn't seem to notice Lauren approaching her. Lauren stood behind her for a couple moments, wondering if her looming shadow over her would draw her attention but still, nothing. Tentatively, Lauren raised an arm and tapped her on the shoulder. The girl didn't react, so Lauren tapped her lightly once more. She noticed the girl stop her digging as she fell back onto the heels of feet with her long brunette hair whipped around her as she turned to face Lauren...

"Lauren. Lauren! Wake up."

The raven haired girl jumped at the sound of her name being called. Her drowsiness instantly hit her like a ton of bricks and as her senses began to awaken, she felt a heavy weight on her body. She shifted her blurred vision upwards, only to see Harry grinning down at her.

"Morning, sleepy head." Harry greeted his younger sister sweetly. "In case you've forgotten, we've got a job to do."

Lauren glanced at the weight on her body only to find it was Camila nestled comfortably against her. When she looked back at Harry, she didn't miss her brother's widening grin and wink.

"Harry..." Lauren glowered at Harry which makes him to just chuckle.

"I'm too tired to tease you anyway. You're lucky it's the crack of dawn right now."

Lauren said nothing, instead she accepted the pillow Harry retrieved for her and gently proceeded to move off of Camila. She put the pillow in her place when she slipped away from the brunette, watching her adjust to the small size of the pillow as she sighed softly. The raven haired girl noticed Camila's body shiver from lack of body heat so she took a thin blanket that Harry had handed to her and placed it lightly over the younger girl.

"Get dressed or we'll be late. But do it quietly, Naomi is still sleeping." Harry informed his younger sister who was also his co-worker.

Lauren just nodded her head and within a few minutes, both the siblings left for work.

Dark chocolate brown eyes slowly and sleepily opened. As Camila vision quickly settled, she noticed the different setting around her as she sat upright. She ran a hand through her long brown tresses as her half-lidded eyes looked around her surroundings.

'...Where am I?' Camila wondered before a voice drew her out of her thoughts.

"Oh, Camila, I didn't see you there." Camila turned around only to find Naomi walking into the kitchen, giving her a warm smile. "Good morning. Did you have a nice sleep? Would you like some coffee?"

Hearing Naomi's words, the warm scent of the coffee beans flooded Camila's nose.

"Good morning, Naomi. I slept fine, thanks." A small blush tinted her cheeks as she could faintly smell Lauren's scent on her.

"I'm glad to hear that." Naomi answered as she handed Camila a mug of coffee who accepted it with a smile. "The Jauregui went to work so it's just you and me. I am going to work but since it's a library, do you wanna come with me?"