Chapter 11

The room was quiet as Harry paced around with a hand tapping his chin as he lost himself in thought. Lauren sat against the edge of the bed, looking out the window with a vacant expression on her face. Naomi looked between the two siblings, observing with her back against the wall.

"So... Camila was the girl from your childhood?" Harry asked, watching Lauren give a hint of a nod in affirmation. "Camila... no wonder her name sounded familiar when you first told me it. Of course then she was only the girl you'd met at the casino."

"What do you mean?" Lauren asked quietly.

"Well, it's obvious, isn't it Lauren? She was the girl you talked about nonstop every time you came home! Camila this, Camila that, hell you kept chatting about her till the dead of the night up to the break of dawn. I knew she had to be someone special and I was right as usual, eh? Eh, Lauren? Ehhh?" Harry nudged his younger sister playfully.

"That's enough teasing, Harry Edward Jauregui." Naomi said before lightheartedly rolling her eyes at her boyfriend's childish antics as she gave a breathtaking smile to Lauren.

"I'm happy you finally found the girl, Lauren. Camila really is something special."

Lauren pointed her gaze to the floor, a strange expression on her face.

"I know." The raven haired girl replied quietly.

Harry looked between Lauren and Naomi's smiling face. He leaned towards his girlfriend, bringing a hand to the side of his mouth.

"Naomi, check it out. Our little Lolo's in love!"

Harry grew serious when he saw the troubled expression on his younger sister's face. He walked over to her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Have you talked to her, Lauren?"

"There's nothing to say." The raven haired girl answered.

"There's plenty to say! If you tell her how you worked your ass off for years for her, how could she not-?" Harry retorted.

"I did tell her. It didn't make a difference." Lauren said with her head hanging lower.

Naomi walked over to the raven haired girl. "Don't let Camila go, Lauren. If she means that much to you, you need to fight for her."

"How?" Lauren asked, looking at the corner of the room. "She's pushing me away." She mumbled.

Naomi sighed before shaking her head and Lauren glanced at the older girl. "She's only doing that because she's afraid to get hurt. She needs to know that you won't hurt her." Naomi added gently. When Lauren fell silent, Naomi stepped in front of her eyesight, leaning down as she peered up at the raven haired girl, forcing her to look at her. "Lauren, she told me herself that she has feelings for you. And you care for her too, don't you?"

Lauren looked away from Naomi, her eyes lowering to the ground. The lovely brunette looked at Harry, motioning with her bright eyes for him to say something. The older Jauregui sighed, scratching his head. "Naomi's right, Lauren." He began before focusing his gaze on his girlfriend. "But I know it's hard for you. You're not the type to go around talking about your feelings. But when it comes down to it, no one's a mind reader. If you want someone to know how you feel, you have to tell them." He folded his arms across his chest, looking back at the raven haired girl who remained silent but Harry knew the words were sinking in. "Even if she rejects you, at least you won't spend the rest of your life wondering what could have been. It'll suck, but it's not as bad as the fact that Tom Hiddleston is still your boss, am I right?" Harry concluded before he gave his younger sister a small joking grin.

Finally Lauren moved, turning her head to glance at the clock before standing up. "I need to go." Lauren muttered before brushing past Harry and Naomi as she walked out of the room.