Chapter 10

Knock knock!

Camila just finished sorting one row of new stock of coffee beans from inventory boxes when she glanced at the visitor standing in the front door.

"Selena? What are you doing here?" The brunette asked with an arched brow.

"I wanted to say goodbye." Selena explained with a smile.

"So soon?" Camila asked.

"I've never been one to stay in one place for long." The girl replied with another smile. "I already said goodbye to Harry and Naomi. It took me a while to find you, Camila! I thought you would be with Lauren."

Camila looked away, tucking an idle strand of hair behind her ear. "I was never 'with' Lauren." She admitted quietly.

Selena lifted a brow. "What are you talking about? You two were together when I first found you guys and according to my uncle you two are always together." She studied Camila's face, noting how the brunette avoided her eyes. Selena tilted her head. "If that's not being 'with' her, what were you to her then?"

Camila fell silent, wondering the idea herself. She tugged the bottom of her white polo shirt, fidgeting nervously which makes Selena to spot a small silver glint from her neck.

"What's that?" Selena asked, voicing her wonder aloud.

"What?" Camila asked in confusion.

"That pendant."

Camila tugged the necklace out from her polo shirt, revealing it to be a ring with a 'S' symbol on it connected to a chain.

"That logo..." Selena mumbled. "That's the symbol for the exclusive private boarding school, Sony Academy."

"How do you know that?"

Selena grinned. "Because my fiancé went there!"

"Fiancé?" Camila repeated with an arched brow.

"Then you must be THE Karla Camila Cabello from the Cabello Corporation! Oh my god! Your company is the biggest IT Company in the North! I mean, even my uncle used one of your tech." Selena announced, smiling to herself for figuring that out while Camila just scratch her back head. "You were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. Why are you here when you have more than enough money to never have to lift a finger?" Camila averted her eyes and Selena smiled again.

Camila remained silent for a few moments before she gave in, deciding she should explain herself. "My parents used to always twist my arm that I could never survive without their money. Yet here I am, doing just fine with my uncle."

Selena smiled. "Ah, I see. And you knew being with Lauren would get you media attention that would prove you're doing well."

Camila felt her face redden. "That... That's not-"

"Of course it wasn't." Selena said, smiling knowingly. "Does Lauren know?"

"Know what?"

"That you're secretly loaded."

Camila looked away. "No. No one knows."

Selena nodded. "I see. Well, they won't hear it from me." She glanced around Camila at the clock, noting the time. "Well, Camila, I have a plane to catch. It was nice meeting you!" She smiled and gave Camila a hug, which the girl returned.

Camila waved, smiling. "See you around."

Selena beamed. "Count on it." She began to leave before she stopped at the doorframe and looked over her shoulder. "Take care of Lauren for me. She got a good heart but I don't need to tell you that do I?"