Chapter 9

When the door closed behind her, Lauren heard a wolf whistle by her side. She glanced to her right to find Harry leaning against the wall, shirtless and clad only in a pair of loose black pants. His arms were crossed over his muscular chest as he grinned wickedly at Lauren.

"Well, sounds like everything between you two is more than okay now." Harry said with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

"Not now, Harry." Lauren muttered with narrowed eyes, walking down the hallway towards her room with her older brother following her while snickering from behind.

"You should be thanking me!" Harry exclaimed. "I'd say you owe me one but when Camila got a little noisy, Naomi got a little..." He chuckled and winked, "Well, let's just say excited." Humor and pride danced in his eyes. "You forgot how much this house echoes and our room is just a few doors away, didn't you? You naughty baby sister."

He looked at Lauren who remained stoic to his teasing. The grin fell from his face as he approached his younger sister, patting her on the shoulder when he noticed how stiff her posture was.

"Come on, Lauren, you know I'm just teasing. What's the matter? From the way it sounded, I thought you two worked everything out." Harry said.

"She's leaving." Lauren muttered.

Harry blinked, confusion etched across his face. "What? Why?"

Lauren fell silent, recalling what Camila had said.

The tips of Camila's fingers lightly stroked the side of Lauren's face, trailing down from her raven haired hair to her cheek and along her jaw. Camila's eyes were heavy-lidded but they were open, looking into hers. Finally. Lauren told her numerous times to look at her as she pleasured the brunette. Told her so many times because Lauren wanted her to recognize it was her bringing the younger girl over the edge to sweet release. No one else. Just her.

Only she could touch her like this. Make her feel this way. As Camila's soft hand caressed her cheek, she leaned into her palm. Though she wasn't one for human contact, she liked the Latina's soft, warm touch. Craved it even. When Camila's hand fell to the bed and she looked away, turning her head away from Lauren, her eyebrows furrowed together. What she said next made Lauren's chest tighten.

"Please... get out."

Lauren blinked and her eyes narrowed as she frowned.

"Camila-"

"Stop." Lauren's stomach clenched painfully when Camila looked at her and her dark brown eyes glistening with unshed tears. "Lauren... I can't. I can't do this. I want to go home."

Lauren was bewildered. Had she done something wrong? Did she cross a line? Camila never pushed her away, never told her to stop. Why was she saying this?

Camila's lower lip trembled as she looked at Lauren. The raven haired girl's hand was still against the side of her face. Lauren brushed her thumb against Camila's cheek.

"I don't want to do this anymore. I can't take it." Camila whispered.

"What are you talking about?" Lauren asked and her eyebrows scrunching together.

The older girl was trying too hard to understand what was running through Camila's mind but nothing made sense.

Camila let out a shaky breath and looked directly into Lauren's green eyes before saying. "I'm not... I'm not some slut you can use then dispose of."

Lauren's eyes darkened. "You aren't a-"

"You don't need me! Selena is Professor Cavanagh's niece. Have her get you the rights to the project. Let me leave. Let me go." Camila's eyes pleaded with Lauren.