Ch.4

"Lloyd, what are we doing here," Kai asked for the third time tonight.
  "For the last time, we are here to see if the dragon is back."
  "I know but, why?"
  "Maybe because Master Wu hopes to train dragons again," Cole guessed as he moved his hair out of his face due to the wind.
  I hadn't seen the dragon since last night. Wu sent me, Kai, and Cole to see if we can bring it to the monastery. Or at least gain its trust or something like that. I was only half listening because I was thinking about a new candy bag at the store.
  "What does it look like again," Cole asked.
  "It has golden scales and two horn on its head. A bit hard to miss," I say.
  I leaned back against the willow tree and sighed. The wind made the leaves swoosh back and forth. The view was nice.
  "What kind of elemental dragon do you think it is," Kai wondered
  "I don't know. Fire dragons are red, earth dragons are brown, ice dragons have grey and blue, water dragons are more.... Fish like, and lightning dragons are blue."
"And wind dragons are white and don't have big wings," Kai mentioned.
  "Maybe it's a new kind of dragon," Cole suggested.
  "If it is, then what is it doing here in this realm? Why is it not in the Oni and dragon realm with First Borne," Kai said.
  "I don't know. Maybe it was curious?"
  "Wow Lloyd, great suggestion," Kai mumbled.
  The wind was blowing a bit hard today, same as yesterday. I looked towards the sky and tried to look for anything shiny and moving. Come on come on! I know your here somewhere. The wind kept blowing  our hair into our faces.
  "Can't believe I missed me and Skylor's date, just to look at the sky. With this wind too!"
  "Maybe the dragon will come if you just wait and look."
  "Guys."
  "Maybe it ran when it saw you!"
  "No. Because I had my hood over my head!"
  "Hey guys?"
"Well how was I suppose to know? I wasn't there."
  "Guys!"
  Me and Kai turned and looked at Cole.
  "WHAT?!"
  "That," Cole pointed.
  We both turn and saw it. The golden dragon. We watched in awe as it flew in and out of clouds.  It turned the clouds into different shapes and flew high and dropped down, only to fly right past us.
  "Whoa, sorry we doubted you Lloyd," Kai said.
  "We? You're the one who doubted him," Cole protested.
  "Doesn't matter. Look!"
  The dragon was right there, about five feet away. It cocked its head and turned its head towards each of us in turn.
  "Nice dragon, good dragon," Cole said as he walked up to it.
  "Cole! What are you doing? Who knows if its dangerous," I whispered yelled.
  The dragon stopped looking at Cole and looked at me. I flinched under its gaze. The moonlight reflected off its golden scales.
  It walked up to me and hovered its head over me. I felt so small now that I stood next to it. It wasn't large like the others. It was skinny, but not hungry skinny.
  Then it picked me up from the back of my shirt and tossed me in the air.
  "Waaahhhh! Help!"
  Kai threw a fire ball at the dragon but it dodged it. Ground is getting awfully close now!
  "Hang in there! I got ya," Cole yelled.
  But the dragon hit Cole with its tail and swatted Kai with its claws.
  I braced myself, ready for the ground to hit.
  "Lloyd!"
  But the impact never came. I peeked open an eye saw how close I was to the ground. The dragon held me by the back of my green shirt.
  "Phew, that was a little too close," I muttered.
  The dragon put me down slowly. It gave me a few sniffs before it went to the tree and layed down against it.
  "Lloyd! You o.k?"
  I turned and faced Kai.
  "Yeah, I'm good. You and Cole fine?"
  "We're all o.k I guess," Cole said.
  "But what about the dragon?"
  We all looked at the sleeping lizard. Snoozing as if nobody's life wasn't in danger.
  "Maybe it's nice?"
  "You make that sound like a question, Cole," Kai said.
  "Wait! Told that thought."
  Kai climbed up the willow tree and tore a stick out. Then he did a flip and jumped down. Kai edged towards the dragon, talking to it in a low, calm, voice.
  "Hey dragon. Good dragon, nice dragon. You want the stick?"
  The dragon got up and sniffed Kai's arm. Kai tossed the stick and the dragon caught it in mid air. He turned to me and Cole with a smile.🤓
  "Guess your right Cole, maybe it is- OW!"
  The stick hit Kai's head and landed next to him.
  "Hehe, I like this dragon," Cole said.
  "Of course you do," Kai muttered.
  "Well, it seems fine with humans at least," I pointed out.
  The dragon got up and shook loose grass from its back. It looked up towards sky, and then back down in us. It squinted its big eyes at us, as if it was wondering what to do with us.Then it jumped and flew off.
"No no no no no!"
"What do we do," I said.
  "Uh.... We follow it! Come on," Kai said.
  We all got on our elemental dragons and followed it as fast as we could. But it was faster then us, surprisingly. I mean, all of our elemental dragons are bigger then that dragon by what? Five feet? And the wind was against us too. And a skinny dragon like that should have been blown away from it. But it didn't. It just flew with ease as if there was no wind, no one chasing it, just.... Flying normal. While our dragons struggled to keep up. It was kinda frusterating.
  "Come in boy, you can make it," I encouraged.
  Come on come on! It was too fast. Two minutes  later, we lost it. Great. Just what we need. We landed near a little creek.
  "So what are we gonna do now," Cole asked.
  "I suppose we could just go back to the monastery and tell the others what we saw," Kai said.
  "Alright, sounds good to me. Besides, it's getting late and I got to go have a serious talk with someone tomorrow," I explained.
  "Yeah? Like who," Cole asked.
  "Just a person who's a little touchy on a few subjects." I stretched  the word "little" a bit longer.
  "Like what," Kai asked.
  "Just a few things."
  "But why?"
  "That is what I'm gonna find out.  Can we please go now? I stashed a bag of candy in my room and I have a feeling Jay is going through my stuff right now."
  Cole smiled and said, "Sure thing little buddy."

    Sorry if I haven't updated in a while. Slow Internet problems. Will only update on Saturdays.