Ch. 11

"Y/n, I'm cold," Barry said. He was about 9 yrs old. He had his own cell. I was in another. His hair was a almond brown, with dark brown eyes. His skin was dangerously pale. But then again, everyone's skin was pale. Even mine. I look over through the little barred window that was in the middle of the wall way up high.
  Barry was shivering in a corner of his cell. Wearing a pale blue shirt and pants, with only the number #3 on his  right side of his chest. He looked up at me with fear in his eyes.
  "I know Jerry, I know. Uh, how about I give you my blanket, since Harumi and Clouse took yours, okay?"
  "Okay."
  I jumped down from my wooden bed held to the wall by chains. I grabbed my dirty blanket and shoved it between the bars. Jerry grabbed it gratefully and rapped it around him. I dropped back to the floor and grabbed a sharp rock and began to etch the dark colored walls. Making it look like I was on a rooftop. I outlined a tall skyscraper. I was 14 years old. Harumi was almost 17.
  "Why do keep giving us things? Look at you! Your the worst of us all. First, you give us most of your food. Second, you take the blame for Kiara  after she bite the scientist, now, your giving away your bedding! Come on Y/n, for once in your life, think of yourself."
  I turned and looked at the cell across from me.  A tall African American 19 year old man was watching me through the bars. He wore the same pale blue uniform all four of us wore. But his was so worn, it reveled his stomach. His number was #2
  "Malcolm, you know that place down there? It's hot and has boiling pits of fire? When that freezes over, then I'll start thinking of myself," I said and gave him a smile. Then I went back to the wall
  "Besides, the ninja will save us. They always do."
  "Oh will you give that up?! The ninja aren't coming. No one, is coming for us. The sooner we accept it, the sooner it will all be over," Kiara yelled.
  She was in the cell across from Barry and next to Malcom. Kiara was a blonde with a small nose and freckles. She had bright blue eyes. Like a blue eyed dogs eyes. They creeped the hell outta me to be honest. She was 16. Her number was #4
  Kiara wore the same pale blue, but It was meant to show her stomach.  The sleeves went all the way up to her elbows. The pant legs went up to her knees. I wore the same thing. But mine, was #1.
  And the one thing we all had in common? We were all friends of Harumi. Each of swore we would be loyal to her. Such a little thing to say when we were friends. But to her, it was all she wanted to hear.   I tuned and looked at her creepy ass eyes.
  "How.. can.. you even SAY THAT?! The ninja are heroes. Sworn protectors of Ninjago. "
  "And it's people," Barry yelled out
  "Exactly Barry! See? Why can't you two look on the bright side?"
  "There is no bright side to this," Malcolm moaned.
  "Yes there is. I mean, I get to talk to all of you! And we never really got to hang out. Not just the four of us."
  "How does getting your arm ripped out and put back in count as 'hanging out?' Some one please explain that to me," Kiara said.
  "Well... That was really nothing compared to what Harumi did to Y/n. Miss. Harumi had ripped her eye out a-and..... 'gulp' .. and turned her inside out," Barry stuttered.
  "Better me then you Kiara, or Malcolm, or even Barry. Besides, if Harumi and that little pet of hers Clouse only focus on one person, then they won't pay attention to the others! Think about it, while I take the blame and cause mischief,  you three could try and get a signal of help out to the ninja, or better yet, escape and meet them in person and come back and save me! Then we can shut this whole operation down!"
  "It's not gonna work," Kiara yelled.
  "It'll only lead nothing but trouble!"
  Malcolm sat down against the wall.
  "I am sorry to say this, but Kiara is right. That plan will only cause more pain."
  "If it fails, then I'll take the blame."
  "She's not gonna believe you, because you lie. A lot," Kiara said.
  I didn't say anything. Except just go back to drawing skyscrapers on the walls. It helps. It reminds me of home. Beside,  I got nothing better to do except wait for my next torture or meal.
  "Life may not be perfect right now, but at least we're not alone."
  "Life was perfect, until that little bitch came into our lives. I'd rather be alone all my life then this," Kiara complained.
  I simply sighed. And started to hum. I sang,"I see skies of blue, clouds in white, and I think to myself, what a wonderful world."
  I kept on humming while Barry began to drift off into sleep. I stopped drawing. And looked at Kiara. And my eyes went wide open.
  "Kiara... don't.... move... a muscle. "
  She just looked at me like I was crazy.
  "Why, is there a spider in my hair?"
  "No, there is something in your cell."
  Kiara slowly turned around.  Inside her cell, was a door that led back to one of the operation rooms. Two guards were holding little staff that had wires around them. Like she was a dog. She tried to scream, but before she could. They zapped her.
  ZAP ZAP. ZAAAP.
  She fell to the floor, unconscious. They dragged her down. Deeper into the facility.  Then the wall closed behind them, like as if it never opened in the first place.
  What are they gonna do to her now? Malcolm just sighed and shook his head slowly. He just stared off into the distance.
  Until finally, he said," This is not gonna end well for us. I do not think we will live to see the sun ever again."
  "Malcolm, you know that's not true."
  "But it is. I see it, Kiara sees it. Only you and Barry don't. And your just filling his head with stories that are never gonna happen. Don't give us hope, Y/n. Just let it happen. And when the end is here. Don't fight it, it will only make it worse."
  Then Malcom turned his back to me and tried to sleep. I turned and looked at the floor. Don't give us hope. But hope... is all we have left to cling onto. I sighed and sat on the wooden board. Hang to the wall by chains. This can't be it, can it?