Ch.8

Thank God for that gas leak under the desk. And thanks to 'Louise', I've got 500 bucks to spend all to myself. Todd was fed, rent payed. There ain't nothing else to pay. I did a little dance in my head. I could probably buy a new coat.
  I whistled the theme from Halloween. The main reason I'm not at work today was because there was a gas leak under the counter where I hang out to serve beer to the poor saps. So the health inspector closed down the bar until it was fixed.
I walked along a side walk that had so many cracks, it looked so different from the roads.
  I think I'll walk to the mall on the other side of town. I don't want to spend my money on a expensive ass taxi. No thank you, I'll walk, I thought as I made a turn. Then I heard sirens.
  WEE WOO WEE WOO.
A police car zoomed past me. But so did something else. It was a green sports car going about 80 chasing..... a drone? It was a white sphere with skinny arms and a blue line for it to see. What is this all about?
  Seems like you are gonna do something fun today.
  Now hang on. How do you know that I'm gonna try and stop a rogue robot? What if I just turn the other way?
  I know because you can stop it, will stop it, and because we both know it beats walking across town for a coat.
  Meh, you got me there.
  Then what are we waiting for?
  Nothing.
  Then let's go!
  I hid into a alley and started to whisper a few words.
  "I call thy form unto thee. I wish to be no more. I wish to be new. I wish to be..... an Oni."

  I jumped over buildings and past streets.
  Was the spell nessacary?
  No, not really. I just felt like it.
  Nice.
  I jumped up high and landed on a car in motion. I looked through the glass to see who was behind the wheel.
  Oh shit.
  You've really done it now.
  With what?
  You smashed the green ninjas hood.
  Eh, I could care less about the ninja. If I can survive a war, I'm sure he can deal with a little dent.
   A little dent?
  O.k so I will admit, the dent was not small. It was a crater. And the green guy looked pissed. He stepped out of the car and said something I couldn't quite catch. I jumped off and ran after the robot. It was hovering over a person trying to grab it.
  "Hey lug head!"
  It turned and looked at me. I charged at it and hang on. It fly up spinning around trying to shake me off. I got a good grip and pulled a panel off. I started ripping bare wire with my hands, but it wouldn't stop.
  Jump off!
  I pushed myself off before a sword went straight through it. I landed on the top of a building and watch the robot just in case. It hovered a bit before it fell to the ground. I looked more closely at the sword and saw a green handle.
  Oh great. Just what I need. Another guy asking me questions.
  The green ninja walked up to the now damaged robot and pulled out the sword. I jumped down the building and walked up to him.
  "Hey greenie, you could have hit me!"
  He turned and got into a fighting stance. I made a 'really' face and crossed my arms.
  "If you think a flimsy little sword is gonna stop me, your wrong."
  "How did you get my number?"
  "Easy, I just used that ninja fan number and clicked the green ninja one."
  "........ Are you Akila?"
  I didn't  move a muscle until I said something.
  "Yeah, I am. So what?"
  "Did you know Garmadon?"
  Damn, this kid is close. Too close in my opinion.
  "Not the one with four arms. If your thinking of that Garmadon. "
  "So... you knew the first spinjitzu master?"
  "....... Maybe. Be I regret it every day for the past few years."
  "What did the first spinjitzu master do that was so bad?"
  "Look, oh mighty ninja, the first spinjitzu master may have been a good leader, hero, husband, father, and teacher..... But he was a horrible friend. "
  "W-what did he do?"
  I leaned forward a bit.Then I whispered only three words.
  "He.. killed... me."
  The green ninja took a step back.
  "What?"
  The wind to started to blow from up wind. Basically it was blowing in my face. Then I got a sniff of him. I know I know that may seem weird. But all Oni always smell a person scent to be sure on who's who.
  "... You know, you smell like.... sniff, a oni..and human... sniff, with a hint of dragon into the mix.  How curious. "
  The green ninja took another step back. I took a step forward.
  "Oh? Is the might green ninja afraid now that he's face to face with an Oni? And none of his friends are here to protect him. How awful. "
  Then I felt something hot my back. I hissed in pain and looked back. The red ninja was there. And so was everyone else.
  "Actually,  we're right here!"
  Maybe its time we took our leave.
  Yeah, you think?
  I ran passed the green ninja and ran as fast as I could. I felt a sharp pain in my arm. But I didn't stop.
  ZAP! ZAP!
  I fell and my face hit the concrete. Hard. I pushed myself up and ran. I climbed up a wall and and looked down. The ninja were all the way down there. Knowing they couldn't get to me.
  "Now wasn't that fun?"
  Then I smiled. To be honest, I missed this. The excitement, the adrenaline in my veins, the rush.
  I called down, "Let's do that again some time. Hmm?"
  Then I disappeared into the shadows. Still gotta go buy me some new clothes.  And shoes. And tooth brush, towels. All that stuff you know?
  Your bleeding.
  Huh?
  A icicle hit your arm.
  No doubt the ice ninja.
  Are you gonna get that fixed? Or are gonna make it seem like it's perfectly fine and fix it later.
  The second one.
  Alright. You do what you do. I'll go do what I'll do.
  And what's that?
  Be a annoying voice and bug the hell out of you.
  Nice.
I know huh? You know what next week is right?
  I stopped walking and, 'thought'. As the Oni call it.
  The day Harumi took me and the others down to the.... the forest.
  Yes. 
  You know what?
  What?
  I think I'll fly to the mall. It's faster. And I won't have to pay for a taxi.
  Okay.
  I jumped up and flew high. I am gonna buy me some edibles too. For my arm. Not to mention mind. You know, the city looks so peaceful from up here. With its bright shiny lights. And the cars that go back and forth. And during a sunset? Tops it off . Like icing on cake.

  "Hey Uncle Wu?"
  I walked into the small, peach colored room and kneel in front of Uncle. He looked up from his tea and smiled.
  "Yes young nephew? Is there something I could do for you?"
  I scratched the back of my neck.
  "Yeah, I was wondering.... if I could..... go out tonight?"
  "And why would you want to do that?"
  "Well... you know that dragon?"
  "Let me guess, you want to bring it to the monetary."
  "How... did you know?"
  "Your face gives it away."
  "Please Uncle? I'll take care of it. I will change its bedding every day, feed it, fly it, water it. You name it!"
  "Hmm, the stables have been quite empty for some time."
  Then Wu made a thinking face and did the beard thing.
  I jumped and yelled while walking to the sliding doors.
  "Yes thank you Uncle Wu. You will not regret it. Bye love you.  I'll be back  soon!"
  Then I closed the door. I ran to the fridge and grabbed as much meat as I could. Cole and Kai were at the table playing cards.
  "Uh, do we even need to ask this time," Kai said.
  "What are you doing with that meat? You can't eat all that meat!"
  "Whoa!" I almost dropped the salami but caught it. Ninja skills.😋
  "It's not for me. This is just bait."
  Cole and Kai gave each other a confused face. Then looked back at me.
  "What are you trying to catch? A bear?"
  I stopped at the doorway and made a kinda face.
  "Eh, something like that."
  Then I ran out past Nya and Jay.
  "What's his problem," Jay asked.
  "Who knows," was all Kai simply said before going back to his card game.

(A/n) Okay guys. The chapter we've all be waiting for. No you and Lloyd don't kiss yet😣. Yet. And no you don't reveal your past with Harumi, or as Akila. Yet. I'm talking about First Borne find Akila, or "Arrow" as she is called as a dragon. There may be blood (definitely), and there may be curse words (of course). And someone might die (maybe I don't know.  I haven't decided yet). And there is gonna be a big fight between Arrow vs. First Borne and her army of elemental dragons except for the wind dragons because of a promise. Okay, I'll stop talking....... I'm just....gonna work on .....that now. See ya later.