Ch.6

Harumi Harumi Harumi. That name played over my head over and over. Even dead, she still brings death into my life. Lloyd left an hour ago. I was on the soaked rooftop replaying everything that happened  so far. The witch, if she was standing right here, I would strangle that perfect neck of hers. But knowing that wouldn't do any good, I sighed. The smell of rain hit my nostrils as cars went by below on the streets. I layed back and looked at the stars that dared to peak through the clouds. Todd dropped his fuzzy head on my stomache. There was a soft breeze that whispered in my ear, calling me. Begging me to come back and play again with the green black and red hooded figures.  I remembered how the wind laughed when I tossed the green figure into the air, only to catch him a second later.
  I smiled at the memory. I don't get to have any fun when your me.
  I can't play tonight. Sorry.
  Why not? It would be fun.
  I will tomorrow.  Now leave me alone, I need my rest.
  As you wish, my general.
  General? I haven't been called that in decades.
  Your body may be new, but your soul is still the same. It is the will of the Oni.
  But I'm not even Oni anymore.
  But you used to be.
  I'm tired.
  Then sleep, I will be here when you wake.
  Thank you.
  For what?
  For always being there, even when I didn't unlock my abilities and old memories.
  Your welcome. Now sleep. I have a feeling it is gonna be a long day tomorrow.
  Heh, yeah probably.
  Good night my General.
  Good night my wind.
  Then I slowly closed my eyes as sleep took over.
  "Akilaaaa"
  "Mmmm"
  "Oh Akiillaaa.."
  "Mmmm."
  "Alright then, I guess you'll miss your Mom because she's right here."
  I peeked opened my eyes and saw a Oni with horns, skin as black as night, and bright glowing e/c eyes.
  I jumped out of my moss bed and looked around.
  "Where's Mama?"
  "She's right outside of the cave my little arrow. You actually thought your mother could squeeze her fat ass in here?"
  I giggled and said,"Noooo."
  Pa picked me up and took me outside the cave. I saw a gray dragon with one golden stripe on each side of her that went all the down her tail.
  I wiggled out of Pa's grasp and ran to the gray dragon.
  "Mama Mama Mama!"
  I jumped and turned into a golden dragon and flew around her head.
  I heard coos from her as she watch me flap around her head with care in her eyes.
  "Ha ha ha," Pa would laugh.
  "Mama how come you didn't visit last week," I asked when I landed next to her.
  "Mother queen wouldn't let me leave. Says stay around family."
  "But aren't we your family?"
  "Yes you are, my arrow. But have other family as well."
  "Hey! Your words are getting better."
  "He he, been practicing. "
  "And a fine speaker you are Neela."
  Pa walked up to us and puted his hand on my head. I shook it off and flew up and landed on Mama's muzzle. He he, she needs to cross her eyes when she looks at me!
  "How was day today", Mama asked.
  "It was okay I guess. Hey Mama, Papa, how come none of the other kids can change into a dragon? And why can't you stay forever?"
  Papa cleared his throat and sighed.
  "You see, your special.  Your half Oni, half dragon! Me and your mother believe that there can be peace between the two sides. But your Grandmother disagrees. She believes that only one can rule this land. So we fought. And many died. Many still die. But you can change that. We can change that. Together. "
  "Change it all? Together?........ Sound wonderful! And when we do, will there be others like me?"
  "Not for while. But yes, in time," Mama said as she put me down.
  My stomach growled a high pitched sound.
  "Ha ha, sounds like someone's hungry. How about your mother catch us a good fish from the sea, and I can cook it?"
  "Yeah!" I turned and gave Mama big puppy dog eyes. "Please Mama? *Whine whine*"
  "Fine, but Nylon is gutting it."
  "Deal!"
  Mama gave a big puff and took off. I walked back in the cave and grabbed my dolly. It was made with stuffing and had button eyes with black hair.  (Like the doll from Mulan) I grabbed it and ran outside .
  "Papa! Look what Mama found for me!"
  He grabbed the doll and looked at it.
  "How do you know your mother gave it to you?"
  "Because it has her scent on it. And a lizard showed up yesterday saying Mama made it for me."
  "Hmm. Very well. We'll ask her when she gets back. Here, why don't you go play while I make the fire."
  "Okay Papa."

  I woke up in my bed the next day with the window closed. I yawned and stretched while the green blanket fell to the side. Wait. Green blanket? I looked around and realized I was in my room. How the fuck did I get back in my room. And why is the window closed? I usually left the window open so I could get into my room. I was just on the roof, and where did this blanket come from!? I grabbed the blanket and examined it. It was a dark rich green with gold laces in the edges.  I looked on my dresser and saw a bag of donuts. Okay, someone took me to my room, gave me a blanket, and a bag of donuts. Not weird at all. The blanket was obviously too detailed for anyone around here to own, and no one never buys a fresh bag of donuts. Mmm. I looked into the bag and saw five donuts in it. I grabbed a chocolate  one and bit into it. Oh my God. This has got to be the best donut around! And they weren't stale! I took another bite licked my lips. Todd would love these! Wait, wheres Todd? I gulped down the donut and looked around. He wasn't in my room. I jumped out of the bed.
  "Todd? Come here Todd!"
  Todd jumped on the bed and tilted his head at me. I sighed in relief.  I gave him a piece of donut and he gladly munched it down.  I walked out into the bathroom to take a shower. I turned the water on and undressed. I jumped in and waited for the water to warm up. Hot water always felt good after a long week of work. I thought of what happened last night. That dream was the first dream that was..... nice. It couldn't be a coincidence of the blanket and bag. It had to be connected.  Somehow.   But whoever it was, knows where I live. I thought of what that person wanted. I turned off the shower once I was clean. Maybe I should let it go. I got dressed and at some dry cereal. 
  *knock knock knock*
  I looked at the time on the stove. 6:00 am. Who would come here at a time like this? I got up and opened the door. Oh great.
  "Hey Toots, what's shakin'," Luggie asked.
  "Not much, you?"
  "Eh, Got kicked in the nuts, stole a wallet, layed in bed,  ate some food, slept some more, gotfiredatwork, and since i was in the neighborhood , I thought 'Hey, wouldn't it be nice to go up all those stairs and visit my dear friend Y/n?' And here I am."
  "Aw, how nice of you."
  I made a nice face that quickly changed into a frown
  "I'm not giving you money. "
  "Damn it. I mean, what? Why would I ask for money? Pfft, whatever. Can I come in?"
  "Sorry Luggie, no can do. Gotta head out."
  "For what? You don't work today."
  "I am going out for a exercise. Its really good. But its a seceret. "
  "What is it?"
  "If I told you, it wouldn't be a seceret now would it? Bye Luggie," I said as I closed the door.
  "WAIT!"
Luggie used his foot to keep the door open. He looked through the crack.
  "Please Y/n? I can pay you back."
  "Bye Luggie."
  Then I moved his foot and closed the door. I sighed in relief. What a lazy ass, I thought as I shook my head. I went to my room and opened the window. Time to go out. I looked back at Todd.
  "Bye Todd, I'll be back soon. Love ya."
  Todd barked in response. And ten I jumped.