Ch. 13

Lloyd started to pace around 8n the back room of the bar while I sipped on some water.
"How did you figure it out? I barely talk to you! Do you follow me around? Does anyone else know? Do I really make it that obvious? What-"
I quickly put the cup of water onto the counter.
"Alright alright. Calm down. God, you can really drone on can ya? I have my ways. No, I don't follow you. I'm not some stalker. No one else knows about you and your little friends. And no you don't make it that obvious."
Lloyd to stop pacing around. He seemed to relax and tense up at the same time. His green eyes held in all the questions he still has.
"I, uh, saw you. Change into the green guy. And you flew away on that dragon of yours. I was curious on why a common kid like yourself was involved with Harumi. And now I know why."
"D-do you know about the others," Lloyd stuttered out.
"Yeah. Gotta admit. The scrawny blue one has a mouth."
Lloyd gave a nervous laugh at my little joke. He started to scratch the back of his head.
"I guess he does. How long h-have you known?"
"'Bout a week after you told about the fire."
"Are you gonna tell?"
"No, I won't. I don't really care that you are the great, mighty, green ninja. I just want to go about my life. Plain simple."
Lloyd nodded at my answer. He started to go into deep thought.
"Hey, uh, before you drift off into space, I was wondering. What's your last name? I never quite caught before.
Lloyd stared at the ground and sighed. He stayed quiet for a good while before he spoke again.
"It's Garmadon. Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon.
Then I started to laugh my ass off.
"Ah ha ha ha ha haaaa. Oh my God. I-I'm sorry. Hahahaha! Montgomery? Really? That has got to be the most embarrassing name, haha, I've ever heard. O-kay, I think I got it out of my system. "
Lloyd just stood there with a "really" face. I couldn't help but let a few snickers escape my mouth as I wiped away a tear. Montgomery has got to be the most hilarious name ever for a middle name.
"You done now?"
"Yeah. I'm about done."
The green guy started to shuffle his feet a bit. Then he bit his lip.
"Soooo. You don't care about my last name? "
"No, not really. It's not your fault your a Garmadon. So why should I hate you for being who you were since birth. Now the Louis thing makes sense now."
"Heh, yeah. Can't use a bank account with the name green ninja."
Lloyd let out a long sigh. Then he looked around.
"Will this little thing here stay between us", Lloyd asked.
"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me," I replied and gave him a wink.
Wait, why did I wink at him? I simply just shrugged it off. Lloyd sighed in relief.
"And just to make you feel better, I'll let you in on a little secret."
Lloyd leaned in a bit.
"I am also the kid of a former evil doer. So your not alone."
"Really, who was your father?"
"He died before I was born. In a cave on some search of something. So I never met him. But I knew who he was."
"Oh, I'm sorry."
"It's fine. You've most definitely met him before. He was a BIG part of one of your adventures. And here's a hint: he affected your uncles life in a big way."
Lloyd started to say something. But decided against it.
"Well, it was nice chatting with you Monty, but I've got work to do," I said as I pushed him back out to the front of the bar.
"Dishes to do, counters to wipe. You know how it is."
"But but but-"
"Buts are for sitting. Now go on. I sure you've got some friends to call."
Then I gave Lloyd a quick smile and pushed him out the bar. And that takes care of that.
"That a friend of yours," Jim asked.
"Aqantance, actually. I don't really hang out with the guy."
"Alright. Whateveryou say Y/n. How about another round of beer, eh?"
"Okay, but I better see that money first."
And the day went by as normal. Biker came at noon. I took a lunch break, and another chair was broken during one of the fights. Pretty normal. For me. Montgomery. Haw haw. Now when I feel down, I'll just think of that name. And no, thinking about a person's name doesn't mean you think about them, I just think of the name. Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon. I guess he's related to his granddaddy. I called him Garmadon. Even though his son took that name and it probably makes things really confusing. Then the alarm sounded. Which meant my shift was over! I tossed the dirty apron into the laundry basket and walked. Good thing I don't have the night shift anymore. Todd was getting more and more worried about me. The goofball. So hang out for a bit with Todd, give him food for the night, then back to the stables as Arrow. Easy. I walked into my apartment. Mrs. Bunkle wasn't here today at her little computer. Maybe she was in the bathroom. I walked up the creaky stairs to my good old room, B12. When I opened it up, you can guess who was waiting at the door. My little Todd.
"Hey Todd. How you been?"
Todd barked a little yip and did a little dance that pomeranians do.
I walked into my room and closed the door. The room welcomed me back with its burnt smell. I opened the cabinet and took some Kibbles and poured it into Todd's bowl. He munched on it while I headed back down to the lobby. There was a TV hanging up in a corner. The news was on apparently. I guess Gale Gossip finally got her promotion.
"That's right folks. The Oni are back! One was found in the streets fighting the ninja. But luckily, it ran. Witnesses claim they were almost killed by it, but none were hurt. That will be all until later on tonight. This is Gale Gossip, signing off for the night."
What the fuck?! That is complete and utter bullshit. I never hurt anybody! Well, except for the car. But it'snot alive so... just hearing that made my blood boil. And my blood has actually boiled before. I looked at the time on the TV. 7:24. Guess I'd better head on back to the stables. I went back to B12 and gave Todd kisses. And left.
Well?
Well what?
There's something different about you.
There's nothing different about me.
Yes there is. Is something the matter?
No. Nothing is wrong. I am completely fine Wind.
Hmmm. No, your different. Did you talk to anyone today?
Yeah. I talked to Lloyd. And get this, his middle name is Montgomery! Ha ha ha!
Hehehe, Montgomery? Really? That's the most embarrassing name I've ever heard!
I know!
Now I know what's different with you today.
What? Is it bad?
No, your happy. That's why your off today. I haven't realized it until now because it's been so long since you've laughed.
I guess there was nothing to laugh about until now.
Maybe the boy isn't as bad as he seems.
Maybe...
Your bothered by something?
Yeah, quick question. Is it just a coincidence that Lloyd was in the bar that night? Or was it fate?
I don't know. We will have to find out now, won't we?
I suppose so

Garmadon, please! I don't want to fight you. Not here, not in front of all of these people, let alone my sister! What did I do that made you so mad at me?