Ch.7

Bright light blinded my eyes as I walked out of the monastery.
  "Jay! Kai! Is anybody there?"
  Where is everybody? Everything was in place as it should be. The rooms were clean, food was cooked, but nobody was here. Then, out of the blue, I see a man in a straw hat wearing sensei clothes. I recognized him. I walked down the steps towards him. The same man with the dragon from my dream.
   I was about 2 feet from him when he looked up at me and spoke.
  "There is a terrible mistake. Someone I have wronged. You want to know who she is. To find out, we must go....... to the very beginning."
  "Who do you mean? What mistake? And where are we going?"
  The man sighed, but it sounded sad.
  "We are going where her.... Our past is, in her dreams."
  Then everything was turning black, the man was gone, and the trees and monastery were crumbling. And I was falling.
  I fell through the darkness and screamed.
  "AAAAAAAHHHHHH! Oof!"
  OW. OW. OW. I landed on hard desert floor. I winced in pain. I pulled a thorn from my side. I got up and looked at my surroundings. 
  Wait a sec, is this the realm of Oni and Dragon? I never really been here before.
  "Akila, where are you? This is no time for games."
  Oh shit! Someone is coming! I looked around to hide, but it was just desert.
I looked to see who was calling.
  A young male Oni with barely any fangs and dull horns with..... Green eyes. The same ones I have. But.... he didn't see me. He just, walked right through me.
  "Uh, hellooo." I waved my hand in front of him. He didn't even see that!
  "Akila! Urg, your mother is going to get mad if you don't show up for supper!"
  Then a female Oni with no horns or fangs poking through her mouth, and she had hair, showed up out of nowhere.
  "For the last time. She. Is. Not. My. Mother! In fact, it's the opposite! I hate her, and she hates me. Simple."
  "But... isn't your father married to her? "
  "Yeah, that's true, but only because my actual mother is dead."
  "Oh, sorry, I didn't know. "
  "It's fine Garmadon. You didn't know."
"Well, what about your little sister Mistake?"
  Whoa whoa Whoa. Garmadon? Little sister? Mistake?! This guy doesn't even look like my father. He was still normal looking! The picture of him showed up in my mind. Unless........ Oh my God, this is my grandfather, before he died.
  "Eh, same Dad, different Mom."
  "I... was wondering.  You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but...."
  The male Oni scratched the back of his head.
  "Spit it out already."
  "What happened to your Mother?"
  The girl, 'Akila' looked down.
  " First Borne killed her. Shoved her off a cliff. Because she was trying to save me."
  Then she put a arm around the male Oni 's neck and they started to walk back.
  "So.... what is Junco making tonight?"
  "Rat stew. "
  "Arg, again?'
  "I gotta head back home after this."
  "What?! Can't you stay the night here? I don't want to be stuck with Junco."
  "You know I can't. Besides, I think your father hates me."
  "So what? Please stay, I'll.... show you the best way to hunt?"
  "No."
  "I'll do your chores?"
  "No, Akila, not unless.... no no it's stupid."
  Akila took her arm off and stood in front of the guy.
  "What is it? Get a dragon scale? Do the death sentence?"
  "No and no. I will stay only if ......."
  Then he quickly looked around to make sure no one was watching.
  "We sneak out to go watch the warriors train and hunt."
  Akila backed up and put her arms up.
  "Whoa whoa, slow down there Garmadon . Do you know what will happen to us if we get caught? We could get banished or worse! Tossed to the dark abyss."
  "But what if we don't? We could even maybe teach each other how to fight!"
  Akila turned her back to him. Arms crossed.
  "I-I don't know. I mean.... Its very dangerous, ya know?"
  "Please Akila, at least one time. If you don't like it,  I won't make you come next time."
  "Next time!?"
  "Yeah! Just think of the things we'll see!"
  ".................. Fine, just this once. But if you want to go see the warriors every day and get caught, you can go do that. But leave me out of it."
  "Alright deal. Just let me tell my mother I'm staying here for the night, okay?"
  Akila nodded.  Then I felt something grab  my arm. I quickly spun around only to see....... Akila! She actually saw me! But.... she was also over there. The other Akila pointed at me, back hunched over, skin as black as night. And she was breathing heavy,  as if it took all her energy to stand.
  "You.... both are....... not welcome...... here."
  Then she lunged at me and bit my arm.
  I woke up in a cold sweat. I breathed in and out heavily. I looked around my room with green walls. There is no one here. Relax, I'm fine. I layed back down and sighed in relief. Then I got a text message. I grabbed my phone and looked at it. 1:13. Jesus Christ, who the hell would be texting me at 1 in the morning?