Ch.20

Damn man, we're already on chapter 20? Wow, this book has come a long way. Thanks to all who read this and support it!

  She's Morro's kid? I would never have thought that on my life. He still haunts my dreams sometimes from when I was possessed. Just the thought of him gave me shivers. Hopefully, this will distract me. Right now, I'm trying to put this stupid saddle on Goldielocks . Who is, by the way, the golden colored dragon. I know, I didn't really choose it. It was Nya's suggestion. We all put the names we thought were great, and put them in a hat. Then Sensei pulled out a note that said Goldielocks. Urg, but I still call her Lockjaw. Which, by the way, is a cool name. But no matter what name we call her, she still won't sit still for this dumb saddle!
  "Come on Lockjaw, " I said in a calming voice, " I'm not gonna hurt you."
  Her golden tail twitched in probably annoyance. She sat in the corner of the stall giving the leather saddle the stink eye. I slowly walked to her.
  "Now...... just...... sit...... STILL!" I jumped and tried to land on her, but she swiftly dodged me. I landed and hit the stall wall with a 'Oof'.
  I stood up rubbing my head, okay. I can work with stubborn.
  "Ooerhg oerg oerg."
  That sounded somewhat like a laugh. (Toothless laugh folks). This thing's tainting me now. I just know it is.
  "Ha! The green ninja can save a city from evil, but he can't saddle a dragon! Haha!"
  You can guess who said that. "Well, I don't see you trying. Hey, since you both have elements that have to do with the weather, why don't you give it a try, Jay!"
  I shoved the saddle onto him and sat on an empty bucket. He had smirk look on his face .
  "Let the master show you how it's done."
  I rolled my eyes as Jay walked on over to Lockjaw.
  And not two minutes later, Jay was stuck between the wall and a scaly tail. Lockjaw held the saddle with her jaws. A twinkle of victory in her eyes.
  "Mmm, wow Jay, I guess you are right. You are the master, of failure," I said sarcastically.
  "Yeah well, it's really hard," he whined out. "Now come help me move this tail!"
  I grabbed a chunk of meat and chucked it over into one of the stables. Lockjaw quickly races over to go eat it. I walked over to Jay and helped him up.
  "Well, she's stubborn."
  "Yep, come on. Let's go play video games or something. Kai can deal with her."
  "Yeah, I guess," I sighed out. I really really really wanted to ride an actual dragon again. It's been so long since I did. Me and Jay walked out of the stables. Before I closed them, I glanced back to look at Lockjaw. And I saw a look of........ worry? I guess. Why would she worry?
  "Lloyd come on! Zane's cooking."
  "Coming! Night Lockjaw."
  I closed the doors and walked up to the monastery. A few monks walked past gossiping and such. Mmm, I could smell Zane's cooking from here. I followed the sweet smell until it led me into the kitchen. Everyone was already at the table.
  "So, what's on the menu tonight," I asked as I sat down.
  "I don't know,  Zane said it was a surprise," Kai said.
  "I hope it's ready soon! I'm starvin'," Jay said.
  "So son, what were you and Jay doing?"
  "We were trying to put a saddle on Loc- Urg, Goldielocks. "
  "Yeah! But she's really stubborn."
  "You only tried that once Jay," I exclaimed, "I've been trying that for an hour!"
  "Aww, poor baby, " Nya said as she wiped away a fake tear.
  I rolled my eyes and leaned back. What is taking Zane so long? It's been like ten minutes.
  "Dinner is served," Zane said as P.I.X.A.L  putted the plates onto the table. As I was about to eat a chicken leg, Zane said, " Lloyd, why aren't you using your right hand to hold the leg? Is your arm hurt?"
  "I have detected an ache in it," P.I.X.A.L said.
  "It's fine. Nothing big really."
  Mom got up and gave me the eye. You know, that eye that can see right through you?
  "Lloyd, show me your arm."
  "Yeah, if it's really nothing, then you'll have no problem showing us little buddy," Cole said.
  I sighed and said, " Fine, fine. I'll show you."
  I rolled up my right sleeve and let everyone look. It was a big bruise that had covered nearly my entire forearm. It had a yellowish surrounding it and had a big black and purple color in the middle.
  "Oh my goodness, Lloyd! What happened," Mom asked as she held my arm.
  I pulled it away from her and pulled the sleeve down again.
  "Nothing! Goldielocks was just a little stubborn with the saddle. That's all."
  "Lloyd! You should know better then to force a dragon to a saddle, you need to earn it's trust first," Then she muttered the last part, " especially that one."
  Mom sat back down into her chair and said," from now on, I don't want you using that arm for the next few days."
  "What? But Moooommmm."
  "No buts. Now eat your food before it gets cold."
  I sighed in defeat and took a chunk of the chicken off.
  "So, wheres Uncle Wu at?"
  "Eh, he's out in his room metating.  He'll  be down in a few minutes I think," Kai said.
  Then everythingwas silent for a while. Until we all heard a voice.
  "My my, so this is this realm's protectors? I suppose this place can surprise you alot. "
  We all stood up and looked at the doorway that led to the kitchen. And in that doorway, was an Oni. He looked so casual, like he didn't care that he was in a hostile house.
  "So, which one of you is the so called 'Leader' of this circus?"
  I walked up to the thing with a serious face on me.
  "How did you get in here?"
  "The window, in the next room behind me, human. Honestly how was I to come in. Did you think I popped out of thin air? Now, who is the leader?"
  "I am," I said.
  "You?"
  The Oni stood straight up. His purple glowing eyes trailed down my body and back up to my face. Then he leaned against the door again.
  " Be honest, are you sure your the leader?"
  "Yes. I am. Why?"
  "Sorry, it's just...... as leader of this realm's protectors,  I expected more......... well more."
  Really? Is this guy blind or something?
  "What do you want?" Kai said as he stepped up.
  The Oni eyed him for a sec before sighing.
  "If your worried about an invasion, don't worry, I'm just a spy, looking for a certain..... friend."
  "Oh yeah? Let me guess, your looking for Garmadon, right?"
  Then the Oni bent down and started laughing. In his mouth reveled pointy white teeth. It made me shiver at the sight.
  "Ah ha ha hahahahah haha! Whahahaha! I-I'm sorry, it's just, that's the most funniest thing I've heard all week. But no, I'm not."
  The Oni regained its former posterior.
  "No, my name is Daryar Froikson. The greatest spy, in any realm. I was sent here to look, not harm."
  "And what are you looking for," Zane asked.
  "I am looking for General Akila. She's female, also an Oni? I've been told that you fought against her. I just need clarification so I can leave this disgusting world you call home.
  "And what if we haven't, " I challenged.
  "Then Grand Elder Havoc is going to have my head hanged on a wall for 'wasting so much time'.
  "And if we have," Nya said.
  "Then, I get to keep my head. And I very much like my head. And I will leave your realm. And I won't return. You have my word."
  "How do we know your lying," Jay questioned.
  "An Oni's word, is blood. And we always stay true to our word," Then he said, " unlike a few I can name."
  I thought over what he said and sighed.
  "Yes, fine. We have fought her. And if you want proof, then you look at my car for that."
  "Exellent, this is just perfect. Now, you will never see my face in your nasty realm anymore. The Grand Elders will be so happy with me, I'll be treated like a king," Daryar said as he walked to the window.
  "Hey wait!"
  I ran after him, but he was already gone. Zane looked out the window as I ran my hands through my hair.
  "Uh, what was that all about," Jay asked.
  "Honestly, I have no idea," Cole said.
  Zane walked away from the window and shook his head.
  "I am sorry, but I do not detect any trace Daryar."
  "We need to tell Wu this," Mom said.
  "Tell me what?"
  Everyone looked at the dinning room and saw Wu there.
  "Uhhh, I don't  tell him. You tell him Cole," Jay said.
  "I don't want to tell him, you tell him Kai."
  "I will tell him," Zane said.

Follow!
Vote!
Comment!